Wasn’t email supposed to be dead?
We say that every year. Yet every morning we grab a cup of coffee and check our emails. So if WE are checking our emails, chances are our customers are too.
So, Why is Email Marketing still so Effective?
Email marketing is an effective way to stay in touch with your customers and gives you the best return on value. There are many reasons for this:
- It’s part of our routine. Our habit.
- Email is a direct and personal approach.
- It’s highly likely that your customer has given you permission to email them (they can opt out of emails if they wish) so you have a chance that your emails will get their consideration — at the least.
- There is less competition than with social media. Your status update won’t disappear under other peoples’ within minutes. Your message is waiting in their inbox. As most people like to check through our new emails each day, chances are it will get seen.
- Email marketing is affordable. For every $1/£1 spent on email marketing, the average return is $44.25/£44.25.
A Couple of Things to Remember…
It’s important to remember that people aren’t in the purchasing mood all the time! Only 3% of customers are looking to buy at any one time, but there is potential in the rest. So don’t lose faith when your customers don’t appear interested in your products at first. If you nurture your relationship with them it will keep you top of mind for when they do come to want to make a purchase. Keeping top of mind with your potential customers is key.
Social media is an important way to do this. But an email subscriber is much more valuable than a social media follower. According to the Data and Marketing Association, when it comes to purchases made as a result of receiving a marketing message, email has the highest conversion rate of 66%
Freewebstore offers a range of tools to help you with your email marketing.
A Newsletter feature on your website will allow your customers to add their email addresses to your mailing list for news and updates. It’s a great way to build up your followers and keep your name “top of mind” with your audience.
Your freewebstore can also handle email follow-ups for you. Freewebstore’s Cart Saver will send an email to every customer who added products to their cart but didn’t get around to buying. These emails make it easy for a customer to return to their shopping cart and convert the sale. Save time and reduce conversion lead times on your website with this feature.