Inspiration from Rock Legend David Bowie … Part 2!
Bowie was never afraid to push the boundaries. His death shook up the world, but his words live on. Below are the inspirational words inspired by my visit to the exhibition “David Bowie is” at the brooklynmuseum.
- Push your creative limits by exploring the same theme in a different way each time.
- Satisfaction and excitement with your own work is the biggest buzz.
- It isn’t so much about how you feel about things, rather, it’s how the things around you feel.
- It’s ok to not understand everything that you create. You may look back on something you’ve created and it means something entirely different now due to new circumstances.
- Your whole life should be made up of experimentation, curiosity and anything that seems at all appealing.
- Choose wisely; because we’re really just our own little corporation of characters. Aspects of your own life get mixed into the image that you’re trying to project as your character, so it becomes a hybrid of reality and fantasy. Which is an extraordinary situation.
- There’s still room for adventure. You can change every day. If you believe that we only have this one life, go experiment with it!
- Dress up for the performance.
- The reason you don’t want to make a commitment is not that you’re such a freewheeling, adventurous person. It’s because you’re scared shitless that it will turn out like your mother and father.
- You don’t know where you’re going from here, but promise yourself that it won’t be boring …
Click here for more inspiration from David Bowie.