No one knows when it will become the necessity in the protected connection or in the personal ID change. Users often utilize VPN for such purposes, but the important step of connection modification also can occur. The purpose of using a certain server in the browser is to get anonymity which can be gained with some changes in the general settings of your browser. Below is shown the detailed information about different proxy changes in Chrome.
Why should cookies be deleted?
Your personal data can be transferred to the server because of the presence in the browser of previously formed cookies files, even if you are going to use an anonymous method of connection. Before you start the steps necessary to change or add a proxy in Chrome, be sure there are no files in the cookies list. Clean your history this way:
1) Open in the right upper corner “Menu” and choose “History;”
2) Find the command, “Clear browsing data” and push the button;
3) Make sure that three ticks are chosen and confirm the action of clearance.
The cookies deleting procedure will reset your authorization data. Be ready to re-enter all your passwords.
How to set a proxy in Chrome?
This popular question can be solved fast and without the help of IT-specialists. If you think you cannot succeed in the process of setting, it’s better to make a request to experts –you could get their support at any convenient time for you. Below we propose a particular instruction with the screens to better comprehend it:
1) In the list of parameter items find the line “Advanced”;
2) Scroll down to the system items and push the line “Open proxy settings”;
3) In the new list which is called “Internet Properties,” choose at the bottom of the page “LAN” and press OK.
4) It is necessary to mark the tick next to the string “Use . . ..” This should be obligatorily chosen. Read in the brackets why it is useful to do so. Then press the button, “Advanced,” in the right bottom corner of the page;
5) This item will help you with more than setting the installation. The instruction is for those who do not have any idea how to change proxy in Chrome. You have three options. Fill the line properly. Choose the one you utilize:
· HTTP — The client has to enter his IP-address and port of the connection, e.g. “192.168.0.1” and “8080”, make sure that the other sections are empty;
· HTTPS — the same guide as with the first one. But IP and port numbers should be filled in the line “Secure”;
· SOCKS — the accurate data should be written in the appropriate field of the “Socks” section. As usual, other lines must be left blank.
Pay attention in this window about servers’ settings. There is an additional option of “Use the same server for all protocols.” If this function suits your variant, you may tick this field.
How to reset your proxy settings?
If you have the necessity to reset all installations you have made before (e.g., some errors are occurring all the time), pay attention to our recommendation above. It is not important in such situations to remove cookies. You may start with the first steps we have described below in the manual to enable the certain way of connection.
When you have found the LAN facilities, it’s time to stop in this menu and find the command, “Automatically detect . . ..” It is the fastest method to reset all previous data. Note that certain browsers work on the basis of Internet Explorer facilities, which are installed in each modern Windows operating system. Despite being the Windows version, the Google browser is designed only to work in that manner.
Free or purchased one?
Free Variants of proxy servers will be suitable for clients who have no necessity to keep total anonymity. But as an example, businessmen and others interested in anonymity need the qualified type of connection while they are working. Those who give their preference to free proxies always run the risk of being identified and suffering the consequences, gaining new problems.
Nevertheless, whatever purpose the client has, the better decision for the computer, mobile phone, laptop, etc., will be the purchased one. Free variants would not guaranty the most reliable safety for your devices.