Day 61: My Top 5 Web Hacking Tools
Burp Suite PRO
I say pro, because honestly if you are serious about pentesting web apps you need this. The free version is too throttled and you miss out on some great plugins, to me it’s well worth the investment.
Thousands of organizations use Burp Suite to find security exposures before it’s too late. By using cutting-edge scanning technology, you can identify the very latest vulnerabilities. Our researchers frequently uncover brand new vulnerability classes that Burp is the first to report. Burp Suite constantly raises the bar of what security testing is able to achieve.
Burp Suite contains a wealth of features and capabilities to support manual and automated security testing. Use the…portswigger.net
The JSON Web Token Toolkit
snake: A toolkit for testing, tweaking and cracking JSON Web Tokens - ticarpi/jwt_toolgithub.com
The JSON Web Token Toolkit is great for validating, forging and cracking JWTs (JSON Web Tokens).
Its functionality includes:
- Checking the validity of a token
- Testing for the RS/HS256 public key mismatch vulnerability
- Testing for the alg=None signature-bypass vulnerability
- Testing the validity of a secret/key/key file
- Identifying weak keys via a High-speed Dictionary Attack
- Forging new token header and payload values and creating a new signature with the key or via another attack method
python jwt_tool.py eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJsb2dpbiI6InRpY2FycGkifQ.aqNCvShlNT9jBFTPBpHDbt2gBB1MyHiisSDdp8SQvgw /usr/share/wordlists/rockyou.txt
Sqlmap is an open source penetration testing tool that automates the process of detecting and exploiting SQL injection flaws and taking over of database servers. It comes with a powerful detection engine, many niche features for the ultimate penetration tester and a broad range of switches lasting from database fingerprinting, over data fetching from the database, to accessing the underlying file system and executing commands on the operating system via out-of-band connections.
SQLMAP has a google dork feature, try it, it’s fun…
sqlmap -g "inurl:\'php?id=\'"
Wfuzz is a tool designed for bruteforcing Web Applications, it can be used for finding resources not linked (directories, servlets, scripts, etc), bruteforce GET and POST parameters for checking different kind of injections (SQL, XSS, LDAP,etc), bruteforce Forms parameters (User/Password), Fuzzing,etc.
- Multiple Injection points capability with multiple dictionaries
- Recursion (When doing directory bruteforce)
- Post, headers and authentication data brute forcing
- Output to HTML
- Colored output
- Hide results by return code, word numbers, line numbers, regex
- Cookies fuzzing
- Multi threading
- Proxy support
- SOCK support
- Time delays between requests
- Authentication support (NTLM, Basic)
- All parameters bruteforcing (POST and GET)
- Multiple encoders per payload
- Payload combinations with iterators
- Baseline request (to filter results against)
- Brute force HTTP methods
- Multiple proxy support (each request through a different proxy)
- HEAD scan (faster for resource discovery)
- Dictionaries tailored for known applications (Weblogic, Iplanet, Tomcat, Domino, Oracle 9i, Vignette, Coldfusion and many more
wfuzz -c -z file,/usr/share/wfuzz/wordlist/general/common.txt --hc 404 http://192.168.1.202/FUZZ
Gobuster is a tool used to brute-force:
- URIs (directories and files) in web sites.
- DNS subdomains (with wildcard support).
Directory/file & DNS busting tool written in Go. Contribute to OJ/gobuster development by creating an account on…github.com
It’s better than dirb and dirbuster so dump those and enoy this.
gobuster -u https://mysite.com/path/to/folder -c 'session=123456' -t 50 -w common-files.txt -x .php,.html