How to set up your Trust or Ledger Binance Chain Wallet to store your BEP-2 BOLT Tokens.
Here are the steps covered in this article.
- Basic Set up a BEP-2 Compatible Mobile Trust Wallet or Ledger.
- Add BOLT token to your Trust Mobile Wallet
- Locate your Binance Chain ‘bnb’ address: Trust Wallet & Ledger
- Access your wallet from the Binance.org Decentralised Exchange (DEX)
Before starting, ensure you have the following at hand:
- Android or iOS Smartphone, with an internet connection, and/or
- A Ledger Hardware Wallet
- A pen & paper to write down the Trust Wallet seed words.
- A Desktop computer with an internet connection.
Basic Set up a BEP-2 Compatible Mobile Wallet (Trust Wallet)
- Detailed instructions on installing and setting up a mobile phone can be found at: Trust Wallet Setup
Basic Set up of a Ledger Hardware wallet for Binance Chain.
- Detailed instructions for setting up or upgrading your ledger are here: Ledger setup.
Add BOLT token to your mobile Trust Wallet
- Add the BEP-2 BOLT token display on your Wallet (e.g. for Trust Wallet)
1. Click the “+” in top right to add a token
2. Type “bolt” into the search bar — The bolt Tokens will be displayed
3. Click the “+” to the right of the Purple BOLT (BEP-2) to add to your visible tokens.
- To find the address of your BOLT BEP-2 wallet, locate the Receive Address for BEP-2 BOLT (example for Trust Wallet) — This is the address you should share with others wanting to send you tokens.
Locate your Address (Trust Wallet)
- Click on the BOLT Token in the wallet
- Click on Receive
- Your “bnb” wallet address is displayed. Copy or forward this address for future reference. Never manually enter crypto addresses unless absolutely necessary — it leads to lost tokens.
Locate your Address (Ledger)
If you use a ledger, you should use the Binance.org wallet, which is integrated into the Binance DEX website to access your address (and later transfer tokens).
- Browse to https://binance.org
- Click “Unlock Wallet”
- Select “Ledger Device” and follow onscreen instructions
- Select the first address, then click confirm.
- Jump to check your address
- Select “Wallet Connect” Then click on “Get Wallet Connect QR Code, a QR code will open on the screen.
- Open your Mobile Trust Wallet and tap the [ — ] icon at the top left.
- Tap the “WalletConnect Button”
- Point your Phone camera at the QR code on the Desktop screen.
- Tap “Approve” — binance DEX is now connected to your Trust Wallet.
Check your Address
- Hover over the Person Icon, to view your address and the copy Icon to copy it to the clipboard.
- To view your Wallet balances and to send funds, click “Balances”.
The next steps are to transfer BOLT Tokens to your wallet and a small amount of BNB (0.1 BNB is enough) to pay the Binance Chain transaction costs.
Thanks for Reading!!