When a brand has a clear vision, it becomes easier to identify opportunities that will have a positive impact and generate value. Chef Burger is an excellent example of this, as it has managed over time to have a clear message and to communicate through design.
From necessary to extraordinary
Finding an opportunity on the market and developing an offer to supply it is essential for all brands. But you can make this something extraordinary by transforming the market needs into emotions, using the brand to drive a narrative that goes beyond a product’s benefits or qualities.
Since the beginning, Chef Burger believes in the power of a story, a story you tell with each detail, from the smallest ingredient to the staff’s attitude.
It doesn’t have to be big to be extraordinary…
Changing the world with a Burger
Chef has always bet on positive change, filling moments with friends or family with music and a good burger. They believe that experience can be as limited or full as it wants to be, and living a magical moment around food is a journey we all want to make.
“From Paradise to psychedelia.”
To refresh the brand’s look and to create space for new color palettes, materials, and textures, without losing its original essence, we conceived the “Burger Trip” concept, a road trip with friends inspired by the cultural movements from the ‘60s.
Influenced by Washington artist and designer Oliver Hibert’s great work, we developed the new visual system that goes from packaging, silent salespeople and placemats, all the way to corporate presentations and the website.
This opportunity has allowed the brand not only to keep connecting with people’s emotions but also to remain active.
Improving the logo
After several conversations with Chef’s team on opening a new website and the need to enhance the brand’s impact on digital platforms, we decided to focus our efforts on improving its logotype by simplifying the lines and making it easier to read.
Improving the typography:
We inspected the current logotype in-depth, which allowed us to visualize its lines and adjust them.
Once we did that, we built a new grid to be able to balance the height of ascending and descending characters in proportion to the x-height.
Finally, we gave it the appropriate width and adjusted the color to make it easier to read, especially in the sharpest angles.
Here the process: