Invento’s project: An autonomous two wheeler.
Today our hacker team [Bharath, Murali, Phanindra] has started with a project to build an autonomous two wheeler. We did the following stages:
- Hack an existing vehicle and strip it to bare bones to enable better control.
- Control the starter motor with a relay which can in turn be controlled by an Arduino unit. The Arduino unit currently just has an IR receiver that can take inputs from a regular remote. We then wrote a custom code to interpret these signals and power the relay.
- Short the braking unit to enable the start without pressing the brake.
- Stop the engine through relays.
- Adding a servo to replicate the acceleration control done with the right wrist.
All in a day’s work — in about 7 hours.
We will continue to work on this to make it fully autonomous in the next few days. We will use the learning to build our dream project: an autonomous waste collection car that will roam the streets and collect & compact the waste all day. To make a clean India.
You can follow updates of that on our social media page: Invento | Facebook. Follow, share and comment on the stuff our team is doing. Your comments and encouragement will help our hackers a lot.