About The Article Brass Nuts -Applications And Advantages
A ‘Brass Nut’ is a common type of ‘Fastener’ with a circular internal threaded hole. The brass nut is always used in conjunction with an exact mating bolt.
The ‘Brass Nuts’ is a soft metal alloy made up of Copper and Zinc, so that there are more likely chances of slipping the nuts due to vibration or rotation movements. In such a situations brass lock washers or lock wire washers or split pins (safety pins) are used in between the nut and bolt.
One of the best features of brass nuts is that they are available in various types such as Square, hexagonal, rhombus with their brass bolts.
Brass though it is a soft metal, the brass nuts harness can achieve by varying the proportions of copper and zinc the properties of the brass can be changed.
The Applications of Brass Nuts are:
1. In some Electrical connections.
2. In Musical Instruments such as ‘Guitar.’
3. At sanitary installation work.
4. In Air-conditioning and refrigeration systems.
5. Used in all Light and Medium duty fixing in building Industry.
6. In Fancy fittings such as doors and windows handle.
7. Some Plumbing fittings.
The Advantages of Brass Nuts are:
1. Brass nuts have retarded corrosion.
2. Brass nuts are made harder by varying the composition of copper and Zinc.
3. The surface treatment is possible.
4. t has good wear resistance.
5. It has an antimagnetic property totally.