Is your Mom or Dad a duck?
Being Daddy or Mommy entails a lot of things. Here’s a brief idea. This is what I’ve done in the last two hours or so.
In no particular order:
- Made tea for boys & coffee for myself.
- Roasted peanuts. Not ate, actually roasted them. Ok, ate some but only after.
- Cooked some boerewors (South African sausage).
- Ate the boerewors, yes the whole damn thing*. Thanks Larry at Susmans.
- Made lovely L lunch for tomorrow.
- Set up teas and coffee ready for when L comes home.
- Wrote French Onion on some blank stock cubes and put them in the stock cube tin.
- Strategised plan of action for Operation Full Diamond Armour in Minecraft.
- Tweeted a bit.
- Did the dishes.
- Made a chilli.
- Set up bowls for chilli later.
- Cleaned the rust of a wok and oiled it to prevent rusting.
- Wrote this post.
Agent F played Minecraft & ate boerie off a fork and drank tea when required. Agent H played lego and ditto the boerie and tea.
Now remember that I actually have it quite easy, L, the boys and I are healthy. My boys are well behaved, doing chores when asked and (mostly) getting on with each other. Money is tight but we have almost no debt and we get by. So actually quite lucky.
You could say this post is self-indulgent and bragging. Sure, I wrote this piece because I feel a sense of accomplishment. It’s been a hectic few hours and it wasn’t like I was doing nothing for the morning or midday either. See the pic below for how it started.
So spare a thought for your Mom or Dad, especially if there are any difficult circumstances. Quite often we’re like ducks, it’s all serene on the surface but underneath we’re paddling like mad.
Love you all.
p.s. I may have laundry to hang still!
*L doesn’t like boerewors much. Heathen! Still love her.