- VCs are (often) not rocket scientists.
- And: VCs hate things they don’t understand, so it’s in your best interest to get them to grasp your meaning.
- Don’t take anything for granted, explain from scratch as you would explain it to a customer - clearly and concisely.
- You wouldn’t believe how many startups aren’t able to explain their core product and value proposition in simple terms. Don’t be one of them.
- There is nothing worse in a pitch than having to wait donkey’s years until the core product and value proposition are explained and understood properly.
- Pro tip: Make one simple chart that visualizes your product and business model and show it right at the beginning of your pitch.