Welcome to Eczema
Hear ye, hear ye!
Are you looking to cure your eczema? Yes? Well grab a ticket and stand in line, what do I look like a miracle worker?
Anyways, welcome to my very first post on Medium!
For those of you who don’t get the reference it’s from a movie called The Shining (see above). Except the actual saying is, “Here’s Johnny,” and it’s stated by actor Jack Nicholson. Who’s character, oddly enough is an aspiring writer and recovering alcoholic. Well, having one out of the two things in common isn’t bad. I’ll let you guess which one that is.
Oh come on, I’m not a recovering alcoholic! I’m a recovering scratchoholic. What is a scratchoholic you’re wondering? Well, it’s a funny term I made up for someone who has a severe skin condition such as myself and can’t stop scratching their skin.
Oops, I may have forgotten to mention that my severe skin condition is atopic dermatitis, which is the triple dog dare of eczema.
Although, the aspiring writing profession doesn’t sound so bad either.
For those of you that don’t know, I run a blog called Itchin Since ’87 (that’s your cue to go check it out). Where I talk about…you guessed it, eczema.
With that being said, there are a few reasons why I’ve decided to expand my horizons and post on medium…
- The audience! I’d love to hear feedback and connect with others that have eczema
- Exercising my creativity. My brain constantly crafts mini stories. I figure it’s best to just write them out.
- Therapeutic. Writing helps clear my mind.
- Comedic relief. If I can distract you from your skin condition for a few moments in the day, then mission accomplished
- Discussing difficult topics — never fun, but important nonetheless
So sit back, relax and…oh who am I kidding? You have eczema, there is no relaxing. You’re probably contorting your body to satisfy an itch as we speak!
Thanks for reading.