Week 3 — Chrome Extension Progress
Trying to make fewer excuses as I explore 7 interests of mine. This post is an update from last week and plan for next week.
Fitness/Health — So close to doing a proper reverse burpee. Planning on running a timed mile next week!
Data Visualizations (Chicago VC firms dataset) — Still working on wording and trying to figure out d3 transitions.
GAN for Art — Reading through some of the guides from Machine Learning + Artists while commuting.
Mental Math — Practicing more of Vertical and crosswise technique while multiplying two digit numbers.
Cooking —No new recipe this week. Read and watched some videos on gastronomy.
Learn Hindi — Finished half a module of Mango Languages. I found this app called HelloTalk that I have been testing out. So far an interesting concept and using the app regularly.
HelloTalk: Learn a language by chatting with native speakers around the world.
- Too many messages from people that just say some version of “hi”
- Timezone differences
- Finding the balance between helping and learning is hard
- People with creepy messages
- You learn from a native speaker!
- App features like corrections and translations (might have to pay to use certain features more often)
- Settings are well thought out
Overall, I find it really useful and planning on using it frequently. As if now, regularly chatting with two people to learn Hindi.
Videos — Taking a break from making new videos and finishing the Chrome Extension first.
👉🏽 Chrome Extension — Done with the basics and the extension works fine. Need to make some CSS changes, clean code, refactor(?) and send it to a couple of friends to test before launching it.
Week 4 Plan:
Songs on Repeat
- Everytime by Ji Young Hoon (What type of song is this? A Ballad?)
- Taki Taki by DJ Snake, Selena Gomez, Ozuna & Cardi
Been Thinking A lot About
How to balance full-time work with creative projects by Jeffrey Silverstein from Creative Independent