love will stone you (five songs #1)
- The echoing voice of the unborn ghost of Paul McCartney if he’d been doing what he was supposed to be doing during the early ’70s.
- Your own ghost calmly narrating its crushed self’s history. My heart turned to stone and I died, it says. So how are you alive? You realize that, as it stands, you’re maybe not.
- If you built an edifice out of the ghosts of melody how high would it reach? This is not a rhetorical question. Show your work.
- The barren ghosts love one another with a white heat, a fervency that could burn out stars. They will never know one another’s touch.
- The ghost said, “but none of this is gonna happen / to me / within my lifetime.” We saw right through him — it had all already happened.