I am thankful to be a journalist
- because I get to do what I wanted to do when I grow up.
- because every day is different.
- because I’m always learning something new and I get to learn from my mistakes, even when they are public.
- because I get to play and break things, even though it can be scary to go down uncharted paths.
- because it’s fun.
- because I get to meet an incredibly diverse group of people as sources and colleagues, online and in real life.
- because I get to learn amazing things and read and write and build amazing things and get paid for it.
- because even when it breaks my heart and puts me down and angers me and scares me and fills me with anxiety and uncertainty and it tests my patience and my sanity and my health, it’s still incredibly fulfilling and rewarding
and there’s nothing like it.