What Brings Trust Stamp In E-Commerce?
According to the Turkish Statistical Institute data in 2016, 24.9 per cent of those who shop online in Turkey say they have problems in April 2015, April 2016 period. The most common complaint of problem that consumers have is the slow delivery, rate of 45 per cent. Besides the second problem is damaged or defective product delivery with rate 42.1 per cent. 13 per cent of consumers are complaining about insufficient information about guarantee conditions while 11 per cent are complaining about fraud. The point of a view of each e-commerce actor may be different in these summary figures, but “the trust” still exists as a problem in the Turkish e-commerce ecosystem.
The trust marking system does not have any obligation on the companies in the e-commerce sector if and only if these companies want to get this certificate have to obey the rules on The Communique on Trust Stamp in E-Commerce (“Communique”) which has been published by Turkish Ministry of Custom and Trade (“Ministry”). This system can be released with the web sites so all customers easily realize that these web sites are safe and secure for online shopping.
With the initialization of the Communique, all platforms such as web sites, mobile applications which are involved in an e-commerce field that want to work with the rescript may apply to the Trust Stamp Provider authorized by the Ministry after fulfilling the security standards and the service quality standards mentioned in the Communique.
These are the basic criteria that has been created in the scope of the Communique;
· The companies must provide the card security with SSL certificate,
· Data that has been held in the system must be controlled in regular time period against the malicious access,
· The web site must be aware of the internet usage, e-commerce and payment systems regulations ,
· Content that could affect children negatively should not be on the web site,
· Procurement and logistics processes must be clear and understandable,
· Clear information about the person or company that operates and serves the web site must be provided,
· Effective communication methods must be provided for customer demands and complaints,
· Providing right of withdrawal,
· The person who runs the e-commerce web site should not been involved in the specified crimes before,
· If the web site owner has became bankrupt, provision of reputation must be done.
Customers will be able to check with a simple operation whether the trust stamp is valid or not. However, placing a trust stamp on a web site does not guarantee that this web site can fulfill orders, or it will meet the demands, such as the right to withdraw or the defective product refund.
The web site owners will take the necessary precautions at least 3 months before the application of the trust stamp and run the malicious access test at least once within one year. In addition to that these web sites should control the contents that can adversely affect children’s physical, mental, moral, psychological and social development.
If a service provider or an intermediary service provider has more than one e-commerce channel, an individual application will be sufficient
A report will be prepared within 30 days from the date of application by checking the applicant’s compliance with the terms.
Applicants who have been found not to comply with the terms shall be given 30 days to meet the requirements. This period may be extended for 15 days just for once.
Trust stamp must be placed on the home page of the web sites also may be placed on the other pages.