Best Eye Care in Chicago
Eyes are the most responsive part of our body. Our duty is to take proper care of them. At Jackson eye, we have the best eye doctors in Chicago and taking care of your eyes are our specialty. So, eye care is all we do. Our specialty is offering great lifestyle appraisal and progressive options in corneal transplant, cataract lens replacement, implant, LASIK, contact lens and specialized glaucoma treatment. We use the most advanced diagnostic and therapeutic instrumentation available. We listen to your problem, explain the treatment options and provide you with the best quality solutions. There are some tips for proper eye care from our expert doctors:
- Take regular physical exams to check your diabetes and high blood pressure. These diseases can cause eye problems like vision loss, retinopathy, macular degeneration and eye strokes.
2. Protect your eyes from harmful UV light. Always wear sunglasses, when going outdoors during daytime to protect your eyes from the sun’s harmful ultraviolet rays. It may help reduce your risk of cataracts, pinguecula and other eye problems.
3. Be aware of your family’s eye health history. Does any of your family suffer from diabetes or have a history of high blood pressure? So find out if you are at greater risk for eye diseases.
4. Regular exercise like walking reduce the risk of age-related macular degeneration by up to 70 percent. So, exercise more frequently.
5. Check out the warning signs given by your eyes for the change in your vision. If you start noticing changes in your vision, consult your eye doctor immediately.
6. After every two years get your eyes checked. Your eye checkup can help you determine the risk for primary eye diseases such as diabetic retinopathy, that has no early warning symptoms or signs.
7. When it comes to eye health, people who smoke are at greater risk of developing age-related macular degeneration, uveitis, cataracts and other eye problems. So avoid smoking.
8. Be sure to wear safety glasses when participating in active sports or working with tools to avoid eye injuries that potentially could cause permanent vision loss.
9. Eat a balanced and healthy diet as various antioxidants can diminish the risk of eye problems like cataract. These antioxidants are acquired from eating a diet containing a plentiful amount of fruits and colorful or dark green vegetables.
We hope these tips from expert eye doctors in Chicago will be really helpful for your eye care and needs. We aim to provide a personal touch to our job. We provide our precious time to let to know about your eyes so that you can find out exactly what you need to obtain your vision goals.