Procrastination & Clutter: My Guide to Clearing Out & Allowing In
Hey Sensational Soul!
We all have those days…we just don’t feel like doing ANYTHING. I have 4 things I need to do around my home and I keep putting them off because I just don’t feel like doing it.
And the more time passes, the more it lingers in my mind that I STILL need to do it. And these dreaded thoughts are causing me to dial down more and more within my state of feeling GOOD and in flow.
We all have these moments, including ME. I do not like procrastination at all, but lately I have been procrastinating on these home chores. During my daily mindset journaling, I stepped outside of my own mindset and asked myself, “What would I tell myself in order to turn the dial back UP within my flow of abundance?” Here is what I came up with in my answer:
- Do something that gets you into feeling good and in flow first for about 10 minutes. Then tackle 1 chore for today.
- If lighting candles or putting on good music gets you into flow, do this while tackling 1 chore for today.
- Schedule your calendar to do 1 chore today, 1 chore tomorrow, and so on and so forth (and make sure to do the above each day to get yourself into that feeling good place).
- Give yourself mental pats on the back for each thing you do! Seriously, I know it sounds so silly, but the point is to stay in a feeling GOOD state of flow. I love to check-mark when I’m done doing something…so I write out what my chores are and I check-mark them when I’m done (mental pat on the back).
- I relish in my feelings of accomplishment after completing each task. I am my own cheerleader! These are the types of feelings you want to sustain, so do some free-flow Mastering Your Mindset journaling for about 10 minutes afterward journaling out how proud you are of yourself because…(and it can be about ANYTHING about yourself in general).
Is It Time to Declutter Anything?
Every few months I like to survey the areas I spend the most time in and tidy up the area. In order to successfully ALLOW IN what you are manifesting, you gotta make room for it! So is there anything in your space that you can CLEAR OUT in order to make room for your new blessings to be allowed in? Like your bag, wallet, car, desk, pantry, fridge, etc.?
No matter what you are currently manifesting, tidying up, organizing, and clearing out in order to make room for the NEW definitely works! It doesn’t even have to be related to what you are manifesting! This is because clutter in general actually affects your mental health. How can you successfully ALLOW IN what you are manifesting if you are mentally feeling stressed? You may not even realize it, but your stress levels affect both your conscious and subconscious state. So clear out what no longer serves you in the physical realm in order to make ROOM for your new blessings!
It’s Time to Declutter Your Mindset Beliefs!
This makes it SO MUCH EASIER to manifest whatever it is you are calling into your physical realm! In addition, decluttering allows your mindset to take a load off in order to successfully identify and RELEASE mental hang-ups that you are currently holding on to within yourself.
It’s time for me to turn on some great music and go tackle those house chores in order to make ROOM for my NEW blessings!
Journal Girl Jaclyn