Quick and effective at-home workout!
Still trying to get that summer bod? This quick and effective at-home workout will shape up those trouble zones and have you feeling summer ready in no time. You can do this workout anytime, anywhere, anyplace! No gym equipment required. Just your human body and Mother Earth. Move the coffee table out of the way, turn on some music and let’s get started!
What you will need:
- Athletic shoes (or you can go barefoot!)
- Yoga mat (or towel if you are exercising on hard surface)
- Workout clothes
- Positive attitude!
Workout: (Complete 3 rounds, 30 seconds for each exercise)
- Pushups: Position hands and arms slightly below shoulders, fingers pointed forward, abs tight, holding your body in a plank position. Lower your body until your chest is 2–3 inches above the floor and then push your body away from the ground until you are back at the start position. Repeat this for 30 seconds (pictured above).
- Crunches: Lay on your back, looking up at the ceiling with knees bent. Place hands behind your head, elbows wide. Exhale as you bring your shoulders off the ground, forming a crunch position. Hold for 1–2 seconds before returning to the start position. Remember, a crunch is NOT a sit-up so only lift your shoulders off the ground. Repeat this for 30 seconds.
- Wall Sit: Find a wall near you and go there! Slide your back down the wall, until your knees form a 90 degree angle, like you are sitting in a chair. Make sure your knees don’t extend past your ankles, they should be straight above your ankles. Arms down against wall. Hold for 30 seconds.
- Plank Hold: You can perform this exercise on your hands or on your elbows. The forearm plank is a more common method. Place forearms on mat (or floor), shoulder-distance apart. Legs straight, ground the toes into the floor, abs tight. Keep a neutral spine by looking 3–5 inches in front of you. Hold for 30 seconds.
Repeat these four simple but effective exercises for a total of three rounds! If you aren’t feeling the burn after three rounds, increase your time to one minute for each exercise.
Who says you need to spend two hours at the gym everyday? In 10 minutes you can accomplish a total body workout. Stop wasting your money driving to the gym and start getting sweaty in your own living room. Try this quick and effective at-home workout today!