DPS909 Release 0.3: Week 2

Jagmeet Bhamber
Nov 13, 2018 · 2 min read

This week I continued work on my 0.3 release for DPS909. I don’t have much to write this week around, as I have started work on some pull requests but haven’t submitted any yet. I have decided on the projects I want to work on, and some of the issues I have in mind.


This is one of the in-house Seneca projects which I must work on. This project is a React website that will present a GitHub user with a dashboard upon logging in that shows them useful info about their profiles: starred projects, watched projects, all issues and pull requests related to the user (submitted by, commented in, mentioned in). Our group was a bit slow to start, but we have a simple working React page now which we can start to continue adding features to. Right now I am working on adding a CONTRIBUTING.md file for the project, and would like to work on the coding side of the project too either for this release or the next.


This is a project that I have used personally for a long time and contributed to during Hacktoberfest. There is a stop feature I have in mind that can be added to kill an existing thread. Right now the only way to stop a thread once it has started to is to force-kill the bot. I started working on this problem a while ago, and realized that this bot does not work on Windows. So to make changes and run it locally I would need a UNIX-based system.
I downloaded Ubuntu and then made a bootable Ubuntu USB (with persistent storage) to be able to do this, and am planning to work more on this issue this week.


That is all I have to share for this week’s progress, I aim to have pull requests up by Friday where I will have more work done.

Welcome to a place where words matter. On Medium, smart voices and original ideas take center stage - with no ads in sight. Watch
Follow all the topics you care about, and we’ll deliver the best stories for you to your homepage and inbox. Explore
Get unlimited access to the best stories on Medium — and support writers while you’re at it. Just $5/month. Upgrade

Get the Medium app

A button that says 'Download on the App Store', and if clicked it will lead you to the iOS App store
A button that says 'Get it on, Google Play', and if clicked it will lead you to the Google Play store