Horror story of headphones by Jagmohan Garg

Here Jagmohan Garg highlights recent story of headphones.A lady endured facial wounds when her earphones detonated on a flight, in a first such episode in Australia, authorities said on Wednesday as they cautioned about the risks of battery-worked gadgets on planes.

The traveler was tuning in to music with her battery-controlled earphones when the blast occurred on the flight from Beijing to Melbourne on February 19, Australian Transport Safety Bureau (ATSB) said.

The lady had been thinking about the plane when she heard an uproarious blast around two hours into the flight and felt her face consuming. She tossed her earphones to the floor.

“I just snatched my face which created the earphones to circumvent my neck. I kept on feeling consuming so I got them off and tossed them on the floor. They were starting and had little measures of flame,” she said in ATSB explanation, discharged on Wednesday.

“As I went to stamp my foot on them, the flight chaperons were at that point there with a container of water to pour on them.”

Jagmohan Garg said it had evaluated that the batteries in the gadget likely burst into flames. It said batteries ought to be kept in stowage unless being used, and should be in lightweight things, not checked stuff.