Google’s 2-Factor Authentication, much Easier than before:
In today’s date all the big services like LinkedIn, MySpace, Twitter & VK.com offers two-factor authentication, no doubt Google is also one of them.
But in today’s date also, several people don’t take advantage of this service, one of the reason is that no one is interested to go with its process where you have to put that 6 digit code which comes through SMS.
Now, Google has come up with something more in regards to 2-Step Verification (2VF) process, they have made it easier. Now, as per this new procedures, there won’t be any need to wait and enter that 6 digit code, but just through one single tap you will be able to login.
Now, Google has come up with the new method named as “Google Prompt” which allow you to login into the account by just tapping on to your mobile phone.
In simple words, when you try to sign-in to the account, just enter your password and you will receive a pop-up message onto your mobile phone with a question whether you want to sing in or not. If you press “Yes” you are into the account.
Steps to Activate Google Prompt:
Make sure that your two-step verification for your Google account is enabled. If it’s not, then go through the below steps:
· Go to myaccount.google.com and sign in to your Google account.
· Select ‘Signing in to Google,’ using 2-Step Verification.
· Click on ‘Get started’ and enter your password once again.
· Now provide your phone number you want to use for authenticating, and choose either an SMS or phone call for verification, and click on ‘Try it.’
· Enter the 6-digit code from the SMS or phone call and select ‘Next.’
· For setting up two-step verification, click ‘Turn ON.’
2 Factor Authentication
By the end of the above steps, you will see that two-step verification for your Google account has been enabled. This “Google Prompt” method works for both the phones i.e., Android as well as iOS devices.
For activating Google prompt option, once you have to log into your account through 2 Factor authentication, once it’s done just follow these steps:
· Under ‘Set up alternative second step,’ click on the Google prompt option
· Add phone and click Get started.
Then just go through the wizard, and follow the on-screen instructions and you will be done in just few minutes.
Note that, if you are using iPhone, you will be required to download Google Search app first and have to sign into it using Google Prompt and lastly if you are already using an Android device, just update it with latest Google Play Service.