How to Submit your Indie.am Blog to Popular Podcast Directories
Quickly get listed in Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google, Amazon, Pandora, and more
What is Indie.am?
Indie.am is an app for iOS that lets you get your personal Audiolog up and running quickly. It’s best for first-time podcast creators, or creators who just want to get things set up quickly.
We take care of all the complicated bits, like RSS feed formatting, audio cleanup, encoding, hosting, creating your website, etc. All you need to do is download the app, and start sharing your blog updates.
How do I share my Podcast with potential listeners?
You’ll need two things to share your podcast: a valid RSS feed, and a Subscribe button or link that you can share on social media.
We provide both of these, plus a customizable website for your Audiolog, as soon as you create an account on Indie.am.
What is an RSS Feed?
This might all seem complicated, but in order to let your friends subscribe to your Podcast, you’re going to need to submit an automatically-updating RSS feed, formatted in a particular way, to each individual Podcast directory, one by one.
Fortunately, we make the submission process fast and easy. You don’t need to worry about the details, just copy your unique RSS feed URL from the Indie.am app, and use it to submit to the directories listed below.
Where can I submit my RSS Feed?
Here’s a list of popular directories you can submit your Podcast to:
- Apple Podcasts — To submit a new show, click here. If your show is already in Apple Podcasts and you’d like them to use a new RSS feed for your show, copy your new RSS feed URL and log in to Apple Podcasts Connect. Click on the podcast you’d like to update, then enter in your new RSS feed URL.
- Google Podcasts — You can now add your new or existing shows to Google Podcasts using Google Podcasts Manager, add users with permissions, and view listener data about your show on Google Podcasts. Click to learn more.
- Spotify — To submit your show to Spotify, log into their Spotify for Podcasters website. We recommend creating a new Spotify account for your podcast versus linking it to a personal account. If you need to update which RSS feed URL Spotify is checking for your show, you’ll be able to change that in the Spotify for Podcasters site.
- Amazon Music and Audible will be adding podcasts to their respective services. In advance, you can submit your podcast to be available on their services when they launch. To submit your show to Amazon Music & Audible, click here.
- Pandora — Complete Pandora’s intake form here.
- Stitcher — To submit a new show to Stitcher, submit your RSS feed here (it’s free). If you need to update the RSS feed on Stitcher, log in to the Stitcher Partner Portal, click on ‘Edit Show Info’, paste in the new RSS Feed, and click ‘Submit’.
- iHeart Radio
To Submit a New Show: Use this form to submit your show(s) to iHeart Radio.
To update: If your show is not updating on iHeart Radio, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and tell them to update your RSS Feed and provide them with your Show Title, iHeart Radio Show URL, and your Simplecast RSS Feed.
- Radio.com — To submit your show/RSS Feed to Radio.com, click here.
⚠️ Note: Podcasts on Radio.com are currently only available in the United States.
- Deezer — To submit your show to Deezer, click here.
- Overcast — Overcast can find your RSS feed automatically as long as it’s in Apple Podcasts (there are a few other podcast apps that use Apple’s podcast directory as well).
- Pocket Casts- To submit your show to Pocket Casts, click here.
- PlayerFM — PlayerFM has a large mobile and web audience, and excellent search engine optimization. Submit your show by following the steps here.
- RadioPublic — Submit your show by following the steps here.
- Breaker: To add your Podcast, download the app (on iOS, soon Android) and submit your podcast into their search by “Adding it by the URL”. This can be your Apple Podcast link or RSS feed. By adding it to Breaker directly, it ensures your podcast is available in their listening app right away. Download Breaker on iOS.
- TuneIn — To add a brand new show, click here. To update an existing RSS feed, fill out their Submit Your Podcast form, enter your program ID in the “Comment” field, and the TuneIn support team will update it accordingly. Click here for instructions on how to find your program ID.
- Gaana- Gaana is India’s largest audio streaming app, where you can access millions of songs and podcasts. After submitting your show, your Gaana show URL will be emailed to you in a few days on your registered email ID. Submit your podcast on Gaana here.
- JioSaavn- JioSaavn is one of India’s largest Music & Podcast platforms with over 100 million monthly active users. You will need to submit your RSS Feed for review. You can add more podcasts in your JioSaavn YourCast dashboard. Get started by submitting your podcast to JioSaavn here.