How to reset a forgotten password in Gmail?
Gmail is the most popular and the most widely used Email service available nowadays. Its user base has grown considerably over the years because it offers access to a wide range of services offered by Google. You can gain access to any of the Email services, like YouTube, Google Search, Blogger, AdSense, AdWords, Google Drive and various other features that are offered by Google using just a single Gmail account.
Sometimes you may come across a scenario, when you may no longer be able to login to your account. These occur when you have forgotten the password, or your Gmail account is hacked. In case you no longer have access to your account, you can choose the option to reset the forgotten Gmail password. But, you need to make sure that you have access to the alternate email address or the recovery phone number for your account.
Steps to reset a forgotten Gmail password using alternate Email:
The process to reset a forgotten Gmail password using alternate Email address is quite easy and simple. Just going through the steps mentioned below will help you achieve this feat.
· Open Gmail home page in your web browser.
· Here, a link appears that says “Find my account”. Click on this link after which a new web page appears.
· In the new web page that appears, enter the recovery Email address.
· Open your recovery Email address. It contains a reset link. Click on the reset link and you are taken to a new page.
· Here you need to enter the new password twice. Finally, clicking on the continue button successfully changes your password.
In case you no longer have access to your recovery Email address, choose the option to reset your forgotten password by the help of recovery phone number.
Steps to reset a forgotten Gmail password using recovery phone number:
The process to recover the Gmail password using recovery phone number too turns out to be quite simple. For this you need to perform the steps mentioned below:
· Visit Gmail homepage on your web browser.
· Click on the link “Find my account”.
· Enter your recovery phone number.
· A reset code is delivered to your phone.
· Enter the code in the new page that appears.
· After entering the code, a new page appears where you need to enter your new password twice.
· Finally, on clicking the continue button your password credentials are changed.
You can choose any of the methods above for Gmail password recovery. In the case of any problems give a call to Gmail helpdesk services to help you recover your account.
Contact Detail of Gmail: