7 Life Lessons
Life is a continuous evolution. The older I get, the bolder I get. Here are lessons I’ve learned so far during my time on this planet.
1. Don’t allow anyone else’s opinion to be louder than your own voice. Gathering feedback from others is helpful, but you shouldn’t let their opinions matter more than your own. Only you know what’s best for you. Go after what you want. At the end of the day, it’s your dream, your purpose, your journey. Own it.
2. Always be yourself. People love authenticity. Yes, someone will judge you or may not like you whatever reason — but who cares? There is only one of you in the entire world. Just one.
3. It’s perfectly okay to say NO. Just because someone presented you with a great offer, that doesn’t mean it’s a great opportunity. If the work compromises your morals, then is it really worth selling your soul for money? All that glitters isn’t gold.
4. Silence is golden. Understand when and where to speak your mind. Even if you don’t agree with the person speaking, allow the person to share his/her opinion. If the person isn’t telling the truth, still allow the person to continue speaking without interruption. Dishonest people will always dig themselves into a ditch. Conversely, never talk more than you listen. Loose lips sink ships.
5. Own your shit. Mistakes happen, but be accountable for for your actions. It’s your fault. Instead of looking at your mishap asa mistake, try looking at it as a lesson learned, and grow through the process.
6. Don’t be afraid to turn your back on the crowd. Turn your back towards the critics and think independently. Society will not always agree with your personal choices, but do you anyway. (Refer back to #2)
7. Be cordial to all, but keep your circle inner circle tight. Unfortunately, not everyone has your best interest at heart. Be selective of who you spend your time with.