Weekly Programming Challenge #1: Results
Congratulations to everyone who entered the first weekly programming challenge! Elixir was apparently the programming language of choice, but that was okay with me, since I’ve been meaning to spend some time getting familiar with it.
The contestants, and their solutions, were:
- Lasse Ebert — self-balancing AA tree (Elixir) HARD MODE
- Steve Desmond — binary search tree (with delete) (C#)
- Kerry Buckley — binary search tree (with delete) (Elixir)
- Anders Engström — binary search tree (with delete) (Clojure)
- Ferdinand Chan — binary search tree (Elixir)
My own solution, in Ruby, implementing an AVL tree (and thus meeting the hard mode requirements) is right here.
Great work, everyone! Life is busy, and it can be hard to take time out to work on something like this that isn’t necessarily paying any bills. I know I had fun doing it, though, and I hope you all did, too.
Stay tuned for challenge #2, to be posted shortly!