#PokemonGO and Churches: A Link Roundup
It’s no secret that Pokemon Go is the latest craze. No one knows how long the trend will last, but in the meantime, everyone is trying to jump aboard the bandwagon.
Churches in particular have a unique opportunity to attract new audiences because so many of them are designated Pokestops. There are lots of ideas and opinions on how churches can capitalize on this unique opportunity.
I’ve collected several recent articles on the subject in an attempt to form a cohesive consensus. This list is far from exhaustive, so feel free to chime in if you find any more that are particularly helpful.
Article Links on Pokemon Go an the Church:
- Pokémon Go and Your Church: Finding the Rational Response
- 14 Ways Your Church Can Use Pokémon Go Right Now
- Pokémon Go: Sending People to Your Church
- Pokemon Go & Your Church: Welcoming Gamers on #cmschat
- The Best Way for Churches to ‘Capitalize’ on Pokémon Go? Play It
- How Pokémon is luring millennials to the church
- Pokemon Goes to Church
- Pokemon Go and the Church: 5 Questions for Christians to Consider
- 13 ‘Pokemon Go’ Church Signs That Now Exist
- Churches Are Using Pokémon Go as Evangelism Tool
- Nation’s Churchgoers Brace For Flood Of Pokémon GO Sermons*
*I realize that this last one is satirical. Just thought I’d throw that one in for some humor and because I love the Babylon Bee.