Ionic 2 — getting started (Ionic 2 RC2)
Installing Ionic 2
- To install Ionic 2 packages via npm, you need to have NodeJS installed.
- Install Ionic 2 CLI and Cordova packages with: npm i -g ionic cordova
- Scaffold your Ionic 2 project with: ionic start sampleApp tutorial –v2
- Run your project with: ionic serve . Your first hybrid mobile app should show up in the browser.
Adding Android and deploying to emulator
- You can target iOS, Android or Windows platform. We will we focusing on Android platform, so go to Android Developer site and download the Android SDK (Download options -> Get just the command line tools)
- Add Android platform by: ionic platform add android
- Register for Genymotion emulator and download the latest version with VirtualBox.
- Add virtual device and run your app on Android emulator by: ionic run android