Basic Oil Trio Information
I somehow got off track of doing the oils found in the Family Physician Kit this week. Peppermint is one of the most popular oils in the kit for good reason. It provides a myriad of health benefits and can be used topically, aromatically or internally.
Peppermint is used in toothpaste and chewing gum for oral health. I make my own mouth wash with peppermint and water. I do not have to worry about chemicals or alcohol, literally cheaper than over the counter mouth washes and promotes healthy oral health. I have friends that use a drop ofPeppermint with Lemon in water for a healthy, refreshing mouth rinse.
Peppermint also helps to alleviate occasional stomach upset. You can take a couple drops in a veggie capsule, rub on abdomen to help with tummy issues. It also can be added to water to soothe the body systems.
Talk about versatility, it also promotes healthy respiratory function. I like pairing peppermint with 1 drop of Frankincense. I rub hands together and cup over my nose. Within seconds my respiratory system has received a boost.
Instead of reaching for an extra cup of coffee try placing one drop in palm of hand with one drop Wild Orange and one drop Frankincense and inhale for a mid-day pick-me-up. Works every time for me and does not give me jitters.
Peppermint is also a natural bug repellent. No harsh or dangerous chemicals needed. I fill a 4 oz. bottle with water and 15 drops ofpeppermint, spray entry ways, around windows, sink, etc.
When the ravages of time wreak havoc on your joints, leaving that hot and achy feeling, peppermint oil mixed with lavender oil (use coconut oil as a carrier oil) cools like an ice bath, but you to stay warm and dry.
Satiety. It’s about feeling full, and not overeating. The aroma of peppermintoil has the ability to make you feel full, faster…especially if you breathe it in before or during a meal!
Peppermint oil has the ability to relax smooth muscles in the body — the same muscles that line our airways and become irritated. Peppermint oil (with lemon) should certainly be another arrow in your allergy treatment quiver!
Got a mind numbing headache? A few drops of peppermint dabbed on your temples, neck and sinuses can quickly spring into action and chase that headache away!
Enhance your chocolate- gourmet hot chocolate, mint brownie frosting,peppermint bark, peppermint patties, peppermint brownies, peppermintchocolate Bundt cake, red velvet cupcakes with white chocolatepeppermint cream cheese, yum!
If you have the after effects of a sunburn where skin is a little warm and itchy, apply a drop of peppermint oil mixed with lavender and coconut oil to cool, soothe and stop itching.
Peppermint oil is a wonderful natural cleaning agent because it has antibacterial properties. Add to a water bottle and spray on counter tops and bathroom surfaces, scrub, and enjoy cleaner clean.
And this is just the tip of the iceberg in ways to use peppermint.
Lavender has been used and cherished for centuries. It is widely used for its calming and relaxing qualities which continue to be Lavender’s most notable qualities. It is a must have if you have children, helps calm them at bedtime or if they are having mini meltdowns.
Lavender is also good for skin imperfections. It has a soothing feeling when applied to the skin.
I personally like adding it to bathwater after a stressful day, calms and soothes. I apply to the back of the neck and temples while soaking. Ahhh.
When my students come in from recess I diffuse lavender to help bring them down from their high octane level smile emoticon
Many people do not realize lavender can be taken internally to help reduce anxious feelings and aid sleep.
• Add a few drops of Lavender to pillows, bedding, or bottoms of feet at bedtime.
• Keep a bottle of Lavender on hand to soothe occasional skin irritations.
• Freshen your linen closet, mattress, car, or the air by combining Lavenderwith water in a spray bottle.
• Take internally to reduce anxious feelings.
• Use in cooking to soften citrus flavors and add a flavorful twist to marinades, baked goods, and desserts.
When cooking with lavender go sparingly since the taste can quickly overwhelm the food.
Look for culinary lavender at specialty food stores, tea and spice shops, or online.www.bonappetit.com
Lemon is the top selling individual oil and for good reason. Lemon is a powerful cleansing agent that purifies the air and surfaces, and can be used as a non-toxic cleaner throughout the home. I carry a bottle in my purse to use as a hand sanitizer and to clean handles on shopping carts.
I love adding lemon to my water. It provides a refreshing drink as well as providing a healthy boost. Lemon internally provides cleansing and digestive benefits and supports healthy respiratory function.
Have you diffused lemon? Great way to uplift spirits and energize.
• Take internally to assist with seasonal respiratory discomfort.*
• Add Lemon oil to a spray bottle of water to clean tables, countertops, and other surfaces. Lemon oil also makes a great furniture polish; simply add a few drops to olive oil to clean, protect, and shine wood nishes.
• Use a cloth soaked in Lemon oil to preserve and protect your leather furniture and other leather surfaces or garments.
• Lemon oil is a great remedy for the early stages of tarnish on silver and other metals.
• Diffuse to create an uplifting environment.
Lemon Facial Cleaner-
1 tbsp yogurt
1 tsp lemon juice
essential lemon oil
Mix all ingredients together. Soak a cotton wool pad in mixture and remove makeup. Repeat with fresh cotton wool pads until make up is removed. Note: This mixture will not keep, so it should be used immediately.
1 Tablespoon sea salt
1 Tablespoon baking soda
7 drops lemon essential oil
Enough water to make a paste
Combine and use to scrub porcelain sinks, tile, and stainless steel.
Food Ideas with Lemon EO
1. Cream Cheese Spread: Put cream cheese into a bowl and mix in Lemonessential oil to taste.
2. Rice Pilaf: Add 4 drops of Lemon essential oil to water before adding rice.
3. Salad and Fruit Rinse: Use 3 drops of Lemon essential oil in a bowl of water when rinsing lettuce, grapes, berries, and greens.
4. Tuna Salad Sandwiches: Add 2 drops of Lemon essential oil per can of tuna and mix with mayonnaise and freshly ground pepper. Spoon onto bread and serve topped with alfalfa sprouts.
If interested in getting these or other oils please contact me at Natures Finest Essential Oils on Facebook or shop on line www.mydoterra.com/naturesfinest/