Friday Update with 20 JP Nintendo Switch launch games including Snipperclips!
● Issho ni Chokitto Snippers (Snipperclips) will be a launch title in Japan (and Europe and mostly likely North America) where it will cost ¥1,800.
● Blaster Master Zero is also a Switch launch title by Inti Creates although no price at the moment!
● Othello is another launch title published by Arc System Works and priced at just ¥500.
● Shin Daikaitaku Jidai: Gai o Tsukurou (New Frontier Days: Founding Pioneers) is another Arc System Works launch title.
● Soratobu Bunbun Baan is another launch title from Poisoft although I literally know nothing else about it!
● VOEZ was also confirmed for launch being published by Flyhigh Works priced at ¥2,500.
● ACA NEOGEO series is also coming with The King of Fighters ’98, Metal Slug 3, Shock Troopers, Waku Waku 7 and World Heroes Perfect all being published by Hamster for ¥823 EACH.
● Nindies Showcase will air online next Tuesday (28 February) featuring Nindies games coming to Nintendo Switch.
● Virtual Console games will not be available on Nintendo Switch at launch.
● Nintendo Switch will allow users to set the console up with English (or other) language and use a Japanese Nintendo Account.
● Collectible Badge Center added nine panels of pixellated Nintendo badges with three from Super Mario Maker and six from Pokémon.
● Fire Emblem Heroes will add an ‘Inherit Skill feature from mid-March where players can transfer select skills from hero to hero.
● The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild will allow just one set of items from corresponding The Legend of Zelda series amiibo per day. The five Super Smash Bros. Series Zelda amiibo will also be compatible.
● Monster Hunter Stories sees the second wave of The Legend of Zelda DLC today with Epona, Majora’s Mask, Master Sword, Hylian Shield, Link’s Tunic and collaboration stamps available.
● Spike Chunsoft have opened up a mysterious website for a new puroresu game (Super Fire Pro?) at http://www.spike-chunsoft.co.jp/170302/
● LEGO City Undercover is coming to Nintendo Switch in North America on 4 April. No date yet for the Japanese release, although a localisation has been confirmed.
● Miitomo Shop added Butterflies as well as Thick-Rimmed Glasses, Bomber Jacket with Patches, Ripped Jeans with Lace and Double Fastener High Top Trainers. Here’s the lowdown on the Butterflies: “The sun filters down through the canopy, and your beautiful singing seems to have attracted something… It’s a flock of butterflies! Your new butterfly companions flap in time with the beat of your song, a wonderful winged waltz!”
● Miitomo Drop added the second ‘Loud and proud! Flashy Fashion’ stage featuring Cheeky Monster Hat, Cheeky Monster Top, Monsters T-Shirt and Staring Monster Shoes.
● Nintendo Co., Ltd. shares closed the week at 23,715.00, up slightly from last week. Nintendo are suing a street go-karting firm called MariCAR for trademark infringement. The company also posted recruitment information for disabled persons at https://www.nintendo.co.jp/jobs/handicap/