Huge Thursday Update with ARMS and Splatoon 2 release dates plus tons more games!
● ARMS is coming to Nintendo Switch on 16 June and revealed a new named character (Min Min) and several new unnamed characters. Also releasing are a Neon Yellow Joy-Con and a Joy-Con AA Battery Pack.
● Splatoon 2 was confirmed for 21 July and features a brilliant looking new four player Salmon Run mode. Also announced are a new Inkling Girl, Boy and Squid amiibo which also release on 21 July.
● Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition is confirmed for the eShop on 12 May with a retail release coming at a later date. The Super Mario Mash-up Pack is included.
● Shinobi Refle: Senran Kagura was announced by Marvelous and will release in 2017 offering HD Rumble titillation.
● Fate/EXTELLA (Fate/Extella: The Umbral Star) will also release on Switch from Marvelous and is set for 20 July.
● Yoru no Nai Kuni 2 (Nights of Azure 2) was announced for Switch from Koei Tecmo and will release at some point in 2017.
● PAYDAY 2 was the first of the overseas announcements (Minecraft didn’t count and Monopoly was second) and releases in Winter 2017.
● Monopoly for Nintendo Switch was announced by Ubisoft and releases in the Fall and offers HD Rumble die throwing.
● Dragon Quest X: Inishie no Ryu no Denshou Online footage was shown with the game also working in handheld mode. There will be a campaign encouraging Wii owners to switch (sorry) over. It is scheduled for Fall 2017.
● Sonic Forces and Sonic Mania were both confirmed for Japan with the former planned for Holiday 2017 and the latter planned for Summer.
● Kamiko (the action RPG published by Flyhigh Works and developed by Skipmore) released on the eShop straight after the Direct priced at ¥500. I’ll give my thoughts soon!
● Maison de MAOU (Unholy Heights) also released straight after the Direct from Mebius and is priced at ¥864.
● Wonder Boy: The Dragon’s Trap was briefly shown and as revealed earlier this week will also release in Japan on 18 April priced at ¥2,200.
● Thumper which is a highly acclaimed ‘rhythm violence’ game will release on the Switch eShop in May.
● De Mambo which is another excellent frantic looking eShop game is planned for June release in Japan.
● Project Mekuru (working title) from Over Fence is on course for a Summer Switch eShop release, although the Miis have been replaced with what look like Metroid Prime: Federation Force characters.
● ACA NEOGEO series continues on Switch with the next ten games announced being Garou Densetsu: Shukumei no Tatakai, Over Top, Blazing Star, Garou: Mark of the Wolves, The King of Fighters ’99, Galaxy Fight: Universal Warriors, Shock Troopers: 2nd Squad, Last Resort. Sengoku Denshou and Samurai Spirits: Amakusa’s Descent (the latter one released directly after the Direct finished).
● Kirby Hunters Z (Team Kirby Clash Deluxe) released straight after the Direct too on Nintendo 3DS as a free-to-start game but with in-app purchases. Kirby Suikomi Sakusen (Kirby’s Blowout Blast) is scheduled for the eShop this Summer with an untitled third Kirby multiplayer action title will release at retail in Holiday 2017.
● Hey! Pikmin finally received a release date of 13 July and releases along with a new Pikmin amiibo (five-in-one!).
● Ever Oasis finally for a release date with the Nintendo/Grezzo RPG coming to 3DS on 13 July.
● Layton’s Mystery Journey: Katrielle and The Millionaire’s Conspiracy (sorry it’s a translated title and not the correct Japanese) is the new name for the Lady Layton game and releases on 3DS on 20 July.
● The Snack World: Trejarers is the new name for Snack World and has been dated for 13 July. There will also be a Trejara Box containing Jara and Snack NFC toys compatible with the game. Level-5 are also releasing a Level-5 Touch NFC reader/writer.
● Dai Gyakuten Saiban 2: Naruhodou Ryuunosuke no Bouken (Great Ace Attorney 2) was also dated and releases on 3 August.
● Dragon Quest XI: Sugisarishi Toki o Motomete 3DS footage was shown but Switch footage (and release date) is still absent. The 3DS version releases on 29 July.
● Atlus games shown were Radiant Historia Perfect Chronology with a 29 June release date, Sekaiju to Fushigi no Dungeon 2 (Etrian Mystery Dungeon 2) with a 31 August release date and Shin Megami Tensei DEEP STRANGE JOURNEY with a Fall 2017 date.
● The Legend of Zelda will see three more amiibo with Majora’s Mask Link, Twilight Princess Link and Skyward’s Sword Link releasing on 22 June.
● Dairantou Smash Bros. will see two versions of three new characters with Cloud, Kamui (Corrin) and Bayonetta with all six amiibo releasing on 21 July.
● Super Mario Run sees the return of the Loads of Coins event until 24 April where any victory in Toad Rally during this period will earn 1.5 times more coins.
● Pokémon GO is having an Eggstravaganza event until 20 April with more Pokémon found in a 2km egg and double XP.
● Mario Kart 8 Deluxe will feature a pink Ultra Mini Turbo that lasts longer than both the previous blue Mini Turbo and orange Super Mini Turbo.
● Pokémon Sun Moon leaks from CoroCoro with a special Ho-Oh distribution lined up for Japan. Thanks to Serebii.
● Kinopio-kun updated the Nintendo LINE account looking at some of the games from yesterday’s Direct and delivering a free Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia wallpaper.
● Collectible Badge Center will be updated very shortly so check out the frontpage later on and thanks everyone for following, for the likes, re-blogs and kind words. You all help make living on three hours sleep worthwhile!