Huge Wednesday Update with Kirby Suikomi Sakusen next week, 13 games released today, plus lots more news!
● Kirby Suikomi Sakusen (Kirby’s Blowout Blast) finally will be available on the Nintendo 3DS eShop next Tuesday (4 July) priced at ¥810. It’ll be available in both North America and Europe later in the week.
● Five Wii U game released on the eShop today with the Nintendo 64 game Bomberman and the Wii games Takarajima Z: Barbaros no Hihou (Zack and Wiki: Quest for Barbaros’ Treasure), Excite Mou-Machine (Excitebots: Trick Racing), Kage no Tou (Lost in Shadow) and Kiki Trick.
● Nintendo 3DS saw Mighty Gunvolt Burst release today along with a demo for Ever Oasis ~Seirei to Tanebito no Mirage~ which is also now available to pre-load along with Hey! Pikmin. Radiant Historia Perfect Chronology is also now available.
● Six Nintendo Switch games have literally just released on the eShop with ACA NEOGEO Magical Drop II, Dead House Saisei, De Mambo, GoNNER, Photon³ and LEGO City: Undercover. Physical Contact Speed failed to release although is expected soon.
● As well as Kirby Suikomi Sakusen, the mini-game collection The Game 15 Vol. 2 from Culture Brain Excel will also release on Nintendo 3DS next week priced at ¥300.
● The puzzle platformer I and Me from Wish Fang and Ratalaika Games will release on the Nintendo Switch next week as Boku to Boku no Sekai de courtesy of Rainy Frog and priced at ¥1,000.
● Famitsu have just confirmed that Nintendo Switch has sold over a million (1,016,473) in Japan with almost half (501,614) of owners buying Mario Kart 8 Deluxe! Numbers two — five are: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (460,480), 1–2-Switch (200,807), ARMS (154,845) and Super Bomberman R (92,112).
● ARMS was the best-selling game for the second week in Japan selling a further 32,838 with The Alliance Alive opening with just 29,539. Check out the full charts here.
● The Super Famicom classic Super Mario Kart was voted the best racing game of all time by readers of Weekly Famitsu. Check out the full top twenty here.
● Maru Pass! Nursing Care Worker Examination Heisei 28th Edition (Maru Goukaku! Kaigofukushishi Shiken — Heisei 28 Nendo-Han in Japanese!) will be removed from the 3DS eShop on 5 July 2017 at 10:00 JST. This probably implies a 29th Edition is coming soon.
● This week’s update to the 3DS Theme Shop saw Uta no☆Prince-sama♪, Hey! Pikmin, two Pokémon, Shingeki no Kyojin and two Rascal the Raccoon themes. As always, check out the full post here.
● My Nintendo added some Smart device/PC rewards with three ARMS wallpapers, as well as several software discounts (including Ever Oasis and some Wii/U games), plus a Hey! Pikmin theme, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild theme, Pikmin Short Movies 3D and some Pikmin 3 DLC. Check out the full list here.
● In mobile news: today’s content update to Miitomo added the second ‘Attack of the cuteness! Delightful Dinosaurs’ Miitomo Drop stage with Fire Emblem Heroes adding a Grand Hero Battle with Clarisse: Sniper in the Dark.
● The (Japanese only) ARMS Online Public Sparring tournament will air on YouTube this Saturday at 16:00 JST (08:00 BST / 09:00 CET / 03:00 ET / 00:00 PT).
● Marvelous opened up a 20th Anniversary website today.
● There will be a special Kirby 25th × Lawson campaign in Japan from 4 July with a prepaid card, download card (with code for a 3DS theme), plus a ton of merchandise. Check out the full post here.
● And finally: Glixel spoke with Shintaro Sato who revealed a new League Battle mode in Splatoon 2: “This will be a mode that players can play either in groups of two or four, and it will present you with a two-hour period in which your group competes with other groups to see how many points you can earn.” Thanks to My Nintendo News for posting the interview!