Huge Wednesday Update with niconico on Switch, Max Brass in ARMS, Great Ace Attorney 2 demo, plus more news!
● The first non-gaming app is coming to Nintendo Switch later today with Japan’s largest video service niconico that allows you to create an account using your Nintendo Network ID. It’s expected that the likes of YouTube, hulu, Netflix and the like will follow shortly!
● The second ARMS update is now available adding Max Brass as a playable character as well as Stats and Events. There’s also a Hedlok mask players can battle over in a new versus mode plus online and in every multiplayer mode.
● A Dai Gyakuten Saiban 2: Naruhodou Ryuunosuke no Kakugo (Great Ace Attorney 2) demo is now available on the Japanese 3DS eShop requiring 843 blocks with 30 plays. The game is also available for pre-load priced at ¥5,990.
● Physical Contact Speed will now be coming to the Japanese Switch eShop on 20 July priced at ¥500. I expect the EU and North American versions will also release next week.
● Hako Boy! is about to celebrate his 2.5th Anniversary with an eShop sale from 15 July until 6 August with all three games 25% off (all ¥680 → ¥510). There will also be a Hako Boy! 2.5th Anniversary theme available on My Nintendo or from the Theme Shop.
● This week’s update to the Japanese 3DS Theme Shop saw Sumikko Gurashi: Shirokuma’s Friend, Gudetama, Moero!! Pro Yakyuu 2016 Homerun!, GYARI (Cocoa CigaretteP) 「WAAAA!」, Encounter Special Voice, Balloon 「Ame to Petra」, Trash and Trash!, YoruShika 「Kutsu no Hanabi」and SymaG 「Gatsuchen!」 themes.
● There’s a new Nintendo 3DS system update prompted when using the eShop that takes the portable to Version 11.5.0–38J and which offers “Improvement of system stability and convenience”.
● Nintendo Switch hardware took just seven minutes to sell out yesterday on the My Nintendo Store. The website states that orders will resume as soon as preparation is ready.
● CIRCLE Entertainment confirmed that Kamiko has sold over 110,000 with around 25% in Japan (that is actually below Famitsu estimations). Picontier was re-confirmed also for 2017 release (for both Switch and 3DS).
● The official Kirby 25th Anniversary Twitter saw Susie deliver the third super-short ‘Susie’s Direct! Game information station♪’ featuring King Dedede!
● Today’s content update to Miitomo sees the second ‘Dancing with the mermaids! Marine Merriment’ stage available on Miitomo Drop including a Frilly Ribbon Bikini and Skew-Whiff Bikini.
● Fire Emblem Heroes tomorrow will see New Heroes with Celica’s Army (Leon, Saber and Sonya) and Alm’s Army (Mathilda, Gray and Delthea) from Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia featured in a Summoning Focus event.
● Pokémon Duel Version 3.0.12 is now available requiring 160 MB, bug fixes, a balance patch and nine new figures.
● Last week’s sales in Japan are: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe with 13,436, ARMS with 12,653, Nintendo Switch with 26,256 and Nintendo 3DS with 14,890 (source: Media Create).
● Buy a packet of applicable Clorets or Asahi mints at 7-Eleven stores across Japan from 18 July and you’ll receive a Splatoon 2 badge (pictured here) for free until stocks last.
● This week’s Weekly Famitsu review scores are Layton’s Mystery Journey: Katriel to Daifugou no Inbou with 34/40, PHOTON³ with 28/40, GoNNER with 29/40, Farming Simulator 18: Pocket Nouen 4 with 26/40, Sumikko Gurashi: Koko Doko Nandesu? with 29/40 and Cars 3: Shouri e no Michi with 32/40.
● Nintendo Co., Ltd. have applied for a further trademark for Cappy from Super Mario Odyssey using the Japanese text ‘キャッピー’. The previous Cappy trademark application was of a 3D image.
● Nintendo Life are reporting that HeadUp Games are publishing Slime-san in August, Earth Atlantis in Q3 and Panzer Party in October. All are for Nintendo Switch and only Earth Atlantis has been confirmed for Japan.
● TROLL AND I for Nintendo Switch was announced for 15 August 2017 release. No Japanese confirmation has been made.
● And NindiesNews told us that Dark Witch’s Story: Combat and Brave Dungeon (Majin Shoujo Combat × Brave Dungeon in Japan) will be 584 MB. Phew!