Thursday News Update with Video Capture now on Switch, Switch at 2 million in the U.S. and more news!
● Nintendo Switch received a huge system update to Version 4.0.0 adding 30 second Video Capture to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, ARMS and Splatoon 2 with Super Mario Odyssey to follow, new Breath of the Wild and Super Mario Odyssey icons, transfer user profiles and save data, pre-loading and more!
● Mario Kart 8 Deluxe was also updated to Version 1.3.0 (required in order to capture videos) with changes noted on the Nintendo of America website.
● Cool Resident Evil news as the Switch version of Biohazard Revelations: Unveiled Edition includes a new stylised 8-bit game ‘GHOSTSHIP PANIC’ and Biohazard Revelations 2 includes the 8-bit game ‘GHOULS’N HOMUNCULI’. Trailers for both here.
● Anata no Shikihime Kyouikutan is now available to pre-order with the teaser website also now open.
● And Nippon Colombia have officially opened up the Sumikko Gurashi: Sumikko Park he Youkoso website.
● Photos of the ARMS Japan Grand Prix 2017 championship belt here. The tournament kicks off this Sunday on 22 October in Nagoya and will air live on YouTube, OPENREC.tv and niconico.
● The Kamiko soundtrack is now available on iTunes and Google Play Music in Japan with Flyhigh Works confirming the game has sold 150,000 copies worldwide.
● The Japanese trailer for Touhou Koubutou V here. The DLC will also release alongside the game and be priced at ¥324 (the game will be ¥3,000).
● The LEGO Ninjago Movie Videogame launch trailer here with the game now available in Japan.
● And the trailer for ACA NEOGEO Robo Army here.
● Yoiko’s Minecraft Survival Life Season 2 Episode 2 playing Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition here.
● The Order Land! English version Kickstarter is currently at ¥375,838 out of ¥5,000,000 with 23 days to go. Donate here.
● Shigeru Ohmori spoke with IGN and told them “We’re really treating Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon as the culmination of our work with the 3DS system.” Mewtwo has also been confirmed for the game.
● Illustration Koukan Nikki (Swapdoodle) now allows for the use of Pokémon badges from Collectible Badge Center (Nintendo Badge Arcade).
● A new TV commercial for The Snack World: Trejarers here.
● A Dragon Quest X 5000-Nen no Tabiji Harukanaru Furusato e Online promo video for the Switch and Wii U versions here.
● The Halloween Event was announced for Pokémon GO and adds Sableye, Banette, and a few other Ghost-type Pokémon from Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire with more arriving in December. Even trailer here.
● Fire Emblem Heroes today added the ‘Summoning Focus — Bonus Allies for Tempest Trials: Genealogy of Light’ featuring Eldigan, Lachesis and new character Ayra!
● NPD data for September saw Nintendo Switch as the best-selling hardware for the third consecutive month and is at over two million in North America. Nintendo also claim that all Nintendo hardware (Switch + 3DS + SNES Mini) account for 2/3 of North American hardware sales.
● Kitfox Games announced the ‘personality test RPG’ Moon Hunters to release on the EU Switch eShop next week (26 October). Japanese language is supported. Trailer here.
● InXile Entertainment tweeted: “Just got the “OK” from @NintendoAmerica to explore #gamedev opportunities for the #Switch. We’re fans of both the company and the console!” The company are known for The Bard’s Tales and Wastelands.
● Nintendo presents: New Style Boutique 3 — Styling Star (Girls Mode 4: Star ☆ Stylist) has gotten a demo in Europe. Demo trailer here.
● Kirby Battle Royale (Kirby Battle Deluxe!) has also gotten an EU demo with save data transferring over unlocking Meta Knight as a playable character in the full game! Demo trailer here.
● An awesome set of 24 animated Super Mario’s Relaxing Life stickers are now available in the LINE App worldwide and pictured here along with Kinopio-kun’s latest shenanigans!
● Nintendo have also added an RPG page detailing the latest Nintendo Switch and 3DS RPGS (and stretching the genre!) here.