Weekly News Update with all the week’s Japanese Switch, 3DS, Wii U and Mobile news!
● The New Nintendo 3DS has officially ceased production in Japan and Europe meaning the end of Cover Plates.
● This doesn’t mean the end for the 3DS family however as the New Nintendo 2DS LL is now available in Japan.
● The first video streaming app released for Nintendo Switch with the niconicoapp which works with Nintendo Network IDs.
● The Splatoon 2 Splatfest World Premiere came and went with Team Rock victorious over Team Pop in Japan!
● Arc System Works have announced the puzzle game BOOST BEAST is coming to Nintendo Switch. No release date as of yet.
● Bulbware will publish the adventure horror game Bulb Boy on the Japanese Switch eShop next week (20 July) for ¥999.
● Hamster will also publish the fighting game ACA NEOGEO Samurai Spirits(Samurai Shodown) on the Switch eShop ¥823.
● Completing the line-up is the delayed card game Physical Contact: SPEED from Collavier which will be priced at just ¥500.
● Collavier also announced Physical Contact: 2048 for 27 July and Physical Contact: Picture Place for 3 August release.
● Nintendo said in their Annual Report: “We are working on the development of a new product that improves people’s QOL (Quality of Life) in enjoyable ways.”
● The second ARMS update released adding Max Brass as a playable character as well as Stats, Events and a Hedlok mask mode.
● A Dai Gyakuten Saiban 2: Naruhodou Ryuunosuke no Kakugo (Great Ace Attorney 2) demo is available on the 3DS eShop.
● Finally: a Hako Boy! 2.5th Anniversary 3DS theme and eShop sale are both now live. Thanks for following and have a great week!