Weekly News Update with all the week’s Japanese Switch, 3DS, Wii U and Mobile news!
Nintendo Switch news
● So many new games announced and release dates finalised: ARMS will release on 16 June along with some Neon Yellow Joy-Con, Splatoon 2 will release 21 July and features a new Salmon Run mode, Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition is 12 May on the eShop and retail later, Marvelous announced both Shinobi Refle: Senran Kagura at the Direct although no release date and Fate/EXTELLA, Koei Tecmo announced Yoru no Nai Kuni 2 (Nights of Azure 2), PAYDAY2 will be localised in Japan in Winter 2017, Monopoly for Nintendo Switch will release in the Fall, Dragon Quest X: Inishie no Ryu no Denshou Online is also planned for the Fall, Sonic Mania is scheduled for Summer at digital and Sonic Forces for Holiday 2017 at retail.
Switch eShop news
● On the eShop: Maison de MAOU released straight after the Direct along with Kamiko, next week will see Wonder Boy: The Dragon’s Trap, May will see Thumper and June will see De Mambo with Project Mekuru planned for Summer and Oceanhorn: Monster of Uncharted Seas also planned. The ACA NEOGEO series continues with Samurai Spirits: Amakusa’s Descent already released, Garou Densetsu: Shukumei no Tatakai next week, Over Top the week after and Blazing Star, Garou: Mark of the Wolves, The King of Fighters ’99, Galaxy Fight: Universal Warriors, Shock Troopers: 2nd Squad, Last Resort and Sengoku Denshou to follow.
Nintendo 3DS news
● So many new 3DS games too: The Snack World: Trejarers is the new name for The Snack World and will release 13 July, Hey! Pikmin releases on the same day along with Ever Oasis ~Seirei to Tanebito no Mirage~, the week after sees Layton’s Mystery Journey: Katriel to Daifugou no Inbou as the new name for the Lady Layton game, Dragon Quest XI: Sugisarishi Toki o Motomete was finally dated for 29 July and Dai Gyakuten Saiban 2: Naruhodou Ryuunosuke no Bouken (Great Ace Attorney 2) will release on 3 August. Oh, and Shingeki no Kyojin ~Jinrui Saigo no Tsubasa~ CHAIN Spike Chunsoft The Best Version is coming on 1 June.
3DS eShop news
● Kirby Hunters Z (Team Kirby Clash Deluxe) released straight after the Direct with Kirby Suikomi Sakusen (Kirby’s Blowout Blast) scheduled for the Summer (plus an untitled third Kirby game at retail for the Holiday). Shounen Ashibe GO! GO! Goma-chan: Kyu~tona Goma-chan Ippai Puzzle will release on the eShop on 19 April along with both Dot Artist (PixelMaker) and Shoot the Ball(New Nintendo 3DS only).
● 13 new amiibo were announced at the Direct with the Dairantou Smash Bros. series (two versions each of Cloud, Corrin and Bayonetta) releasing on 21 July, Splatoon series (a third set of Inkling Girl, Boy and Squid) also releasing on 21 July, The Legend of Zelda series (Majora’s Mask Link, Twilight Princess Link and Skyward’s Sword Link) releasing on 22 June and Pikmin series releasing on 13 July.
● Nintendo Classic Mini: Family Computer has been discontinued worldwide, FC Combo HDMI is a new Famicom/Super Famicom console releasing in mid-June, the Wii U will see four new games next week with Dot Artist (also 3DS), Shoot the Ball too as well as the PC Engine games Gaia no Monshou(Crest of Gaia) and Moto Roader II. Finally, there’s an Eggstravaganza event in Pokémon GO and Fire Emblem Heroes received an update and four new Heroes from Fire Emblem Echoes.