Condensed Fantasy Football Tight End Blog
So I don’t feel like posting 3 more blogs on one position for fantasy football as I have been doing with QB, RB and WR. I’m gonna just put it all together in to one blog. Here’s the top 5 available tight ends, the top 5 to watch out for and the top 5 value picks.
Top 5 Tight Ends to Draft
5. Gary Barnidge- Barnidge made the cut slightly over Antonio Gates because he’s younger and the Browns are somehow more limited on options than the Chargers.
4. Travis Kelce- Kelce is really not in the stud category for me but he’s still capable of some good games and gets the ball thrown to him a lot in that Chiefs offense.
3. Greg Olsen- G-reg is Cam Newton’s safety valve. I feel very confident in him being a top tier tight end.
2. Jordan Reed- Reed reminds me of Aaron Hernandez and not in the murder way. He’s a stud who could really rack up a lot of points if he can stay healthy.
- Rob Gronkowski- It’s really obvious. It’s Gronk and then everyone else. If you have him you are probably going to outscore your opponent’s TE 8 times out of 10.
Top 5 Tight Ends to Avoid
5. Martellus Bennett- I think Marty is going to be great this year, but people are getting overexcited and he’s going to high in drafts. Wait on him.
4. Jared Cook- Yea he’s got a lot of physical talent and yea he’s now playing with Aaron Rodgers but I don’t think he’s reliable by any means.
3. Julius Thomas- The typical move your dumb friend would make because they remember him from like 3 years ago. He’s soft and injury prone.
2. Coby Fleener- I feel like Fleener is being way overhyped just because he’s in the Saints offense. He didn’t do enough with Luck and the Colts so I don’t expect much more just with a change of scenery.
- Ladarius Green- I mean for starters, he’s injured. But I feel like not a lotta people pay close enough attention and Green has been talked about highly the past two years. I would leave him on the waiver wire even when he does come back. He has to prove something.
Top 5 Tight End Value Plays
5. Vance McDonald- If Blaine Gabbert starts (he will) McDonald will be the 49ers best pass catcher.
4. Clive Walford- He’s a real underrated TE in an offense that’ll like to sling it. Big upside.
3. Charles Clay- They don’t call him “Big Play Charles Clay” for nothing.
2. Virgil Green- I have to believe Trevor Simien will like going to his tight end and Green will get a lot of red zone targets.
- Jesse James- The man taking the starting spot after Ladarius Green went down. Big Ben loves his tight ends and James is being stupidly left off rosters everywhere.