The Top 5: Biggest Upsets
I was taking a look at how the Celtics are huge underdogs against the Cavaliers in the Eastern Conference Finals and I thought about how crazy of an upset it would be if the C’s somehow managed to pull off a series win. That got me thinking about the biggest upsets I’ve ever seen, so here is my Top 5 biggest upsets during my lifetime.
5. Appalachin State over Michigan- Michigan is one of the premier football programs in the country. They were at home. Ranked #5. Favored by almost 30. And they lost to App State. It was just a regular season game but boy, this one was wild.
4. Holly Holm over Ronda Rousey- I’m not a big MMA guy nor am I big on women’s sports, but this one was unbelievable. Rousey was a super-duper star who couldn’t lose, until she did.
3. New York Giants over New England Patriots in Super Bowl XLVI- It was the lesser of the two but good God this one hurt like hell. The fact that the Pats couldn’t beat the Giants a second time makes this another gigantic upset.
2. Mississippi State Women’s Hoops over UConn- I hate that the top 3 biggest upsets ever involve three of my teams losing. I hate it.
- New York Giants over New England Patriots in Super Bowl XLII- It makes me sick to say it. I’m not gonna write anything else.