The Last — 30 —
It’s been a busy month around these parts. Here’s what I’ve been up to:
First, make sure to pick up the September/October edition of The Good Life — Central New York magazine, where I had my first magazine piece published. It’s about Christopher Bates, the restaurant F.L.X. Table and his quest for world domination. Or, at the very least, his quest to set the bar for food in the Finger Lakes region.
- The Sweet Fire Scramble is the way to go when eating brunch at Empire Brewing Company
- Outdoor dining at its finest in Cazenovia at The Brewster Inn
- I was a judge for the Best Pizza in Central NY. Not coincidentally, I have consumed a lot of salads since.
- I need to make a trip to the Hudson Valley and check out Equilibrium Brewery in person.
- I should hit Plan Bee while I’m down there too.
- People still chase trucks in pursuit of rare beer. I won’t, but I’ll be happy to slip you a twenty if you pick something up for me.
- Evil Twin and Omnipollo collaborated on a Pink Lemonade IPA. It was quite lovely.
- Toppling Goliath’s PseudoSue is named after the T-Rex at Chicago’s Field Museum.
- Brendan Palfreyman hooked me up with a Tree House Julius because he’s awesome. I gave the beer a perfect score because it is beyond awesome.
- Ninja vs. Unicorn. I would have visited Pipeworks while I was in Chicago but they were closed on my only night free.