Online Courses Entrepreneurs Will LOVE
I have always been a big fan of online courses (anytime there is a way to learn new skills, it’s great). Websites like Coursera, Udemy,Codeacademy, etc. are great for learning some new skills or adding to skills you already have. Online courses are great for anyone, but I decided to single out entrepreneurs in this post due to the large selection of entrepreneurial courses available. Below is a list of some courses (via Coursera) entrepreneurs should seriously take a look at:
Entrepreneurship Specialization (University of Pennsylvania, Wharton School of Business)
- A specialization on Coursera is a group of courses, rather than just one course. The entrepreneurship specialization covers topic such as Developing the Opportunity, Launching Your Start-Up, Growth Strategies, Financing and Probability, and a Capstone Project. Definitely a GREAT option for people looking to learn more about the entrepreneurial process.
How to Finance and Grow Your Startup — Without VC (University of London & London Business School)
- I believe that every entrepreneur would be interested in learning more about this topic. Growing your startup without venture capital (also known as “boot-strapping”) is crucial for entrepreneurs because it allows them to keep more of their company and ultimately increases the chances of a higher valuation if all goes well.
Successful Negotiation: Essential Strategies and Skills (University of Michigan)
- Negotiation is crucial whether you are an entrepreneur or a consumer buying a car. This is yet another essential course that will help you develop an essential entrepreneurial and life skill.
How to Start Your Own Business Specialization (Michigan State University)
- The setup of this specialization is slightly similar to the specialization offered by Wharton. In this specialization, students will learn about topics like: Developing an Entrepreneurial Mindset, The Search for Great Ideas, Planning, Structure, Strategy, and a Capstone Project that deals with Action. If I had to choose between this specialization and the Entrepreneurship Specialization offered by Wharton, I would definitely choose the Wharton one, but this is also a viable option.
Entrepreneurship: Launching an Innovative Business Specialization(University of Maryland)
- This is a very in-depth specialization, however there are not too many courses within it. The specialization starts off with covering The First Step in Entrepreneurship and continues on with discussing Idea to Marketplace and Startup Funding for Entrepreneurs. Lastly, there is an entrepreneurship capstone. Check this specialization out today!
The above courses and specializations do not have to be take in any particular order. However, please be aware that many of these courses do have specific dates in which they run. Start going on Coursera, Udemy, Codeacademy, etc. today and start developing key skills to become an excellent entrepreneur.