The pursuit of a wannabe applying himself !
Readers and fellow writers, I’m Jasdeep and the wannabe in question. As an ardent YouTuber, I was browsing through my subscriptions thinking to view something new or see a watched video again. It was then that I happened to come across this video, embedded below, a Ted talk from Portuguese entrepreneur Filipe Castro Matos — How waking up every day at 4.30am can change your life | Filipe Castro Matos | TEDxAUBG
Filipe has also written a great article on a similar subject — 12 Lessons of Waking Up at 4:30 a.m. for 21 Days. I encourage you all to watch the Ted Talk and read the article. For reference I’ve listed the 12 lessons, as mentioned by Filipe, below:
- If you want to change something in your life, it’s always better if you have support along the way.
- People like to see different things.
- People don’t wake up earlier because they think they have to sleep less.
- Eliminate the obstacles along the way.
- Your physical condition helps a lot.
- Forget snooze!
- I like to sleep, but my body only needs 6 or 7 hours.
- More working hours.
- I get messages out of the way.
- More time at the gym.
- A new view on the world.
- Yes, you need the will to do it.
As you can see, it’s quite an elevator pitch. But, what does it all have to do with me ?
For the next 21 days, starting from 10th July, I shall start my day @4:30AM in the morning and every 10PM, I’ll be giving my account of the day @Medium. To tap my progress either search #21Earlydays or follow me on vine.
Am I going to change my life or make a complete @$$ of myself or achieve the epic fail, I DON’T know. But, readers and fellow writers, I would like to share this journey with you. As the immortal words of Walter White go, “Chemistry is the science of change, growth, decay, transformation.”
I believe life is a lot like that too.
Fingers crossed Amigos…