I angel invest in awesome startups... and try to build them myself. Be excellent to each other.
Founders, friends & investors,
On November 14–15 we will invite 2,000 of you to join us for the 4th edition of our SCALE conference.
The SCALE conference has two tracks featuring 26 speakers each, and we focus on the two most important aspects of running a startup:
1. Growth 2. Raising Money
This year we are also introducing “Founder | Investor: Speed Dating,” which will be 12-minute sessions between the 100 startups we’ve determined are the “most likely to scale” in the next 18 months and the 50 investors we think are the most active and helpful in the industry (both VCs & angels). Founders & investors apply for speed dating here.
There are seven ways you can participate in the event:
1. FREE TICKETS FOR FOUNDERS: Founders can come for free by clicking to tweet this message (limited to the first 1,000 folks): http://ctt.ec/Wu43t
2. Buy a Summit ticket for $295, which includes lunch & downloadable copies of all the videos from the event for your team. launchscale.net/tickets
3. Buy a VIP ticket for $995, which includes lunch, videos of all the talks, and a seat at the two intimate dinners. launchscale.net/tickets
4. If you build a tool or provide a service for startups and/or investors, you can present your tool for 10 minutes on stage in exchange for helping support the event as a partner. Email email@example.com
5. You can nominate someone (including yourself) to be part of the SCALE 100 speed-dating program, which is limited to 100 founders. In order to be in the SCALE 100 you need to have a product in market that has traction but that has NOT raised Series A. The goal of speed dating is to introduce the “up and coming” startups that are getting ready for their series A in the next 3–18 months. If your startup is pre-traction, you should apply to present at the LAUNCH Festival (announcement coming October 1st). Nominate your start-up
6. We have 10 (unpaid) speaking slots left for founders or investors. If you would like to talk at this event the best way is to pitch us on a talk with the format of “How I built COMPANY NAME from X to Z, and from A to F, doing these three things.” Every talk at SCALE is designed to be massively helpful in either growing your company or helping you raise capital.
7. We have eight paid speaking slots with demo tables for partners who are looking to demo their products or services to the audience. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if interested.
WHY OUR EVENTS HAVE THE BEST CONTENT
All of our speakers must rehearse their talks at least one time with me and my team. We give candid feedback and rank the talks before you see them. We do not allow anyone on stage who doesn’t score an 8.5 of 10 on our internal scoring system. Additionally, we ask all of our attendees to rank each speaker and we send those rankings to the speakers, along with your comments. We invite the speakers who are in the top 1/3rd to speak again the next year.