Lessons from 2016:
- If you want something, ask.
- Self-deprecation gets internalized. Speak well of yourself.
- If someone wants to be with you, they will find a way.
- Some fights are worth picking.
- Lift others up.
- Complete two major projects.
- Travel more. Hopefully internationally once.
- Become a better teacher, writer, and comedian. I can always be better.
- Treat myself.
- Spend more time with family, friends, and those who care for me.
- 2017 will be hard. The turn of the year doesn’t resolve the troubles of 2016. But there will be moments of beauty and grace in standing against the hardship.
- Facebook will drop off considerably. People have learned to question their social media habits and how it affects them psychologically.
- Several of my friends are on the edge of achieving some really special things in their given fields. I can’t wait to see them succeed.
- There will be a new emergence of stunning art across all media. It will be more diverse, immersive, and ultimately, human.
- I believe we are driving toward either a global revolution or renaissance. I don’t think it will arrive this year but the choices made will push people one way or another. In the end, I believe in hope.