2018 New Year’s Liberations
In 2018, I am liberating myself from:
- My limiting beliefs about money and how much I deserve.
- Being completely practical and responsible all the time
- My preconceived notions of what it means to be a parent. I want my children to have memories of me taking care of myself (reading, playing games, going out with friends) so that they know I have a life that isn’t being a mom.
- Saying yes to every inbound request and being nice and accommodating, rather than being in control of what I want.
- Unsolicited advice, especially from people who think tech is a meritocracy and what worked for them will work for everyone else.
- Defaulting to taking it on myself to be the planner, organizer, executer.
- Fear-based business decisions. Hard to dream big and build big if I’m acting on fear.
- Worrying so much about how I am perceived as a professional and not being authentic and vulnerable in how I talk about building a business.
- Holding back what I really want to say, ignoring that pit inside me.
- Being the one to contort myself on a crowded BART platform to make ways for others “sorry, excuse me, sorry” 🙅🏻