Creative Technologist/Data Scientist 🤓 at Decoded (New York)
Technology is changing the world — whether through applying an Open Source mindset to business innovation, or through the application of machine learning and data to automate and disrupt entire industries. We work with leading businesses to empower their leaders and employees to adapt and embrace change, rather than hide from it.
Our products are educational experiences demystifying technology for non-technical audiences. We are looking for a Creative Technologist/Data Scientist whose biggest strength is clearly communicating technology and difficult-to-understand concepts to a non-technical audience, in-person, and digitally. You are an energetic, enthusiastic individual with a gift for communication, coding and hacking together digital solutions.
You may have a PhD in the sciences or have completed a Data Science bootcamp. Maybe you just love Googling and spend your time completing Kaggle competitions. You are not phased by the need to quickly upskill as new technology emerges, taking pleasure in breaking down complex concepts for a non-technical audience. You’re self-motivated and take initiative within a small tight-knit team.
You enjoy travelling the world, working in multiple languages if applicable.
You are eligible to work in the United States, or you are a citizen of the United Kingdom (we’ll bring you over).
This job is in New York, USA.
Key responsibilities include:
- Expertly delivering Decoded course content to clients: Data, Blockchain, Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence
- Expertly delivering bespoke course and talk content to clients around any technology subject (e.g. blockchain, APIs, VR)
- Using code to create digital learning tools (jQuery mobile, rails and React are popular here)
- Refining existing products through review of pedagogy, content and delivery
- Applying data science to Decoded’s internal data to drive business intelligence and growth
- Engaging with the tech world and passing that knowledge on to the rest of the team
- Identifying, pitching and speaking at leading industry events
- Additional product-related tasks as needed
- A high-achiever with 3–5 years’ work experience (you can count a PhD as work)
- An excellent and charismatic communicator
- Unfazed by the challenge of learning new programming languages, data analysis techniques and hardware platforms
- Hyper-organized and reliable
- A natural team-player
- Passionate about technology
- Excited by solving business problems, big and small
- A proactive self-starter who likes nothing better than getting things done
Right now, you are itching to:
- Develop your business acumen
- Unleash your creativity on the technology world
- Quickly take on lots of responsibility
- Collaborate with brilliantly smart and charismatic people
- Build proof of concepts around the latest technology and get them in front of senior leaders
A career at Decoded is probably up your street if you:
- Have also thought about working at a tech company, a consultancy or a startup
- Are ready to jump in at the deep-end
- Enjoy traveling
A career at Decoded is probably NOT up your street if you:
- Crave a structured training scheme
- Need to be told what to work on every day
- Like the idea of working at a big corporation
- Want to work somewhere where everyday is the same 9-to-5
- Have a fear of flying
Originally published at unicornhunt.io.