SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING
….at the intersection of human nature and applied technology
Group Advocacy is a practical application of 21st century, millennial based, social media marketing principles which are evolving at the intersection of human nature and applied technology.
Social Media professionals know that the practical application of the 21st century or millennial based marketing evolution is a combination of human nature and applied technology
- Groups voluntarily gather to support companies, political causes, charities, sporting teams, etc.
- Group members will show their support on social media by posting content from their accounts to help and show support for their company, cause, or “team”.
- Group members will help create new or curate other supportive content they discover — both in show of support, but also to raise their own stature or position within the team.
- People generally eschew overtly self-promotional direct selling content — particularly when it becomes invasive or pushy.
- People respond more kindly to indirect recommendations over time or discoveries from sources they like and/or respect.
- When any group posts on social media in concert, a viral seed is planted and grows quickly on the social media platform where the group concentrates their effort.
- As the same link is posted again and again by individual people, it trends and rises to the top of news feeds of the group members posting and the news feeds of those to whom they are directly and indirectly connected
- New posts from individual people rise in popularity more quickly and spread more broadly than paid advertising or items posted by companies. Likes and re-shares from within any social platform are helpful, but new posts have the biggest impact
If you understand these human nature and technology principles, you see that it is possible to “manufacture” viral like distribution for social media content in support of your company, cause, or team. The trick is how to execute it on a consistent basis and across multiple platforms so that is widely distributed, well received — and drives the desired result, whether the desired result is a great brand image, more sales, winning an election, selling out shows for a band or sporting event, raising money for a charity — or something else.
It helps to have the right professional guidance and tools — so you’re not resorting to the trial and error method. Buzz Tools was built at the intersection of social science and applied technology to help clients of certified professionals and agencies attain their goals from social media marketing. Register to receive our list of certified professionals — or apply to get on it. Help your clients achieve social media messaging success by being certified in the science of Group Advocacy — and partnering with Buzz Tools.
BuzzTools develops and offers Group Advocacy based technology solutions to help you and your clients execute and succeed. Register at the link on our web site and follow Buzz.Tools or me on social media to learn more about Group Advocacy science and stay up to date.