I’ve been going back and forth whether I wanted to write this, and have been tagged by Robin Klammer, Brian Brewington, and Deb Knobelman, Ph.D. But, Daria Krauzo recently challenged me and urged me to not be stiff, so I’ve decided to do it. I hate being called stiff.
So, in no particular order, here are 10 (1/2) things you (probably) don’t know about me.
1. I did a short stint in the military (USMC) approximately 25 years ago. I looked good in my dress blues, too. But it’s not something I like to talk about because that part of my life is well over.
2. I worked in various forms of law enforcement for 20+ years. I worked at the county and federal levels for several different agencies. And I don’t miss it one bit. I wrote a story about one of my experiences:
I Was Involved in a Riot — Here’s What I Learned
I used to work at a detention facility in the late 90’s. It was a facility which housed detainees with varying criminal…
3. I am scared of heights. I can’t get close to an edge even if there is a railing, or it’s enclosed. It freaks me the hell out. For some reason, I feel like I’m suddenly going to become unstable and forget how to stand upright. So I stay away from the edge of anything tall. However, I have been skydiving once and bungee-jumping three times. Figure that out.
4. I love music. I have music playing in my house a large portion of the day. If I’m writing, running, working in the yard, garage, or anywhere around the house, music is either playing in my ears, or on my refurbished Bose Soundlink portable speaker. Some of the best $70 I’ve spent. Everything except country. Sorry.
5. I would like to live in a tiny house. Someday. Maybe. I don’t think I could handle it right now with two pre-teen daughters, but there might come a time when I take the plunge. Must have a real toilet though.
6. I’m a #bookaholic. This seems to be a common theme with a lot of writers like D Abboh, Deb Knobelman, and Robin Klammer as they all talked about their love of reading. I’m the same. I enjoy reading science, post-apocalyptic, and dystopian fiction, self-help, memoirs, classics, and of course about running (but you should already know that). Okay, I’ll read just about anything as long as it’s good. #sendmeyourbooks
7. I have several tattoos. 8 to be exact, but 4 of them have morphed into one larger one. I would like to get more, eventually.
8. I am part of a really rare group. It is estimated that only 2% of the world’s population share this same thing with me — I have green eyes.
9. I was a breakdancer when I was a kid. I had the cardboard, parachute pants, and could spin on my back and pop and lock like a pro. Beat Street was my favorite movie, and I tried to emulate every dance move I saw. I was unsuccessful.
10. I am a certified personal trainer. But I have never worked a day in my life training others. I had planned on pursuing it at one time, but then realized that meant being around other people. In person. With others.
10 1/2. My right ear is slightly larger than my left one. Does this need any further explanation?
There you have it, folks! Despite not wanting to do it at first, I’m glad I did and I hope you learned something new.
So I guess this is the part where I tag a few people, huh? Don’t really want to see your name down here, do you?