The Week In Mormonism, 9/20/15
- Archaeologist rediscovers the resting place of the victims of the Mountain Meadows Massacre. Yes, just this week.
- Is the LDS concept of worthiness compatible with the principle of the Worth of All Persons?
- Nahom and Lehi’s Journey through Arabia: A Historical Perspective, Part 1. Very long, but highly recommended. A must-read if you are a Nibley fan.
- Avoiding Burnout: Why It’s Okay to Say No.
- Why Jesus instructing his disciples in the Book of Mormon to preach the gospel to every creature is anachronistic.
- Study: Belief in Porn Addiction Makes Things Worse. “Actual porn use had no reliable relationship to emotional problems, but perceiving oneself as addicted to porn did.” And a Mormon sex therapist talks about the problems of viewing sexual behavior through the lens of addiction.
- A review of the third edition of Mormonism in Transition.
- Why Mormon men in Utah are more likely to leave the Church than those living elsewhere.
- Women’s football team helps Mormon family tackle conflicts over son’s sexuality. Also, A Step in the Gay Direction.