Changing My 2018 Goals At Week 2
For good reason, trust me!
It’s only been Week 1 of January 2018 and I’ve already “failed” my goals.
I have a good reason why I failed.
Because I didn’t consider all the other projects I’ve already committed before the end of 2017.
I have 8 publications/blogs/sites that I planned on contributing more frequently this year.
You’re either saying, “Jem, WhyTF did you do that yourself?” or “Oh, that’s it? That’s easy!” Depending on your current stage as a freelance writer.
But guys, I’m still new to the whole freelance writing thing. I can barely finish a 300–500 word article in less than an hour. (I have a bad habit of overthinking and researching too much, but I promise I’ll get better).
So here’s my updated plan:
- Write at least 3 daily posts on Medium
- Read 5–10 Medium articles
- Comment at least 5 Medium articles
- Submit my weekly contribution to IndieGameWebsite.com
- One featured post under the Medium Partnership Program or lock one of my daily posts
- Write one #TwitchTip article under Jempanada.com
- Write one post under Jemellee.com about my progress as a freelancer
- Contribute one post to The Ascent
- Contribute one post to Post-Grad Survival Guide
- Pitch to at least 2 samples or ideas to major publications (Kotaku, IGN, Polygon, Forbes, Huffington Post)
(The Other section are publications where I don’t have an exact plan yet but will most likely be under the Monthly section once I get everything in order.)
I’m thinking of creating a monthly checklist to make sure that I’m on top of my contributions. Now that I have that in order, I feel more at ease. As long as I make my monthly contribution for each publication, then I’ve achieved my goals.
Thanks for reading! Send me a clap, or two, or FIFTY if you liked it! How are you doing so far with your New Year’s Resolution? Did you have to make some changes like I did? Leave a comment below.
Hi, I’m Jemellee. But you can call me, Jem. Yes, like the ’80s cartoon
I’m a nerdy freelance writer and a Twitch streamer. I love reading articles about personal branding, being an influencer, social media, and marketing. But I’m also interested in yoga, travel, and cryptocurrency. Plus I’m a chocolate chip cookie eater, a Stitch collector, and a Netflix marathon runner.