So much to do, why the heck did I choose to write this now! :x
I’m on cloud nine right now! After looking through the 2015 photos on my phone, I’m excited as f*ck as to what 2016 will bring! Not gonna lie, a small part of me doesn’t want to say my goodbyes to 2015, as despite the many ups and downs of this year (like many other years that I actually remember), the ups have massively overthrown the downs. -slightly smug face-
I mean, what a god-damn brilliant year!
- I went to Amsterdam and The Hague for the first time this year. With it being the first trip where I was travelling with just my lovely mother, it’s put in perspective how much I want and can only hope to do something like this again ❤
- I was also pretty stressed for the majority of 2015, trying to find a placement that fit both my family and my own criteria of what makes a good placement. Theirs being “somewhere close to home”, whilst mine was “ABROAD OR NOTHING”. So I guess “nothing” it was haha. I mean, who am I to argue with Asian parents and an older sibling.
At first I was as unprepared as can be for my final year at university, but as I’ve always liked to believe, everything happens for a reason, and bruh did I find a few good reasons.
- I became a student ambassador for the international students of my uni, hence gaining a lot of experience relevant to my degree and future career, on top of meeting and making friends with people from all over the world. Some of which are now a huge part of my life, you guys know who you are!
- Shout-out to my lovelies from all over! Namely the ‘officials’ from home, the ‘sqwod’ at uni, family and friends in Malaysia, Oxford, London and Shanghai (etc. — please don’t hate me for not typing out every single place), I larvvvv you guys ❤
- Plus the Malaysian Society! Jesus are we taking baby steps right now but it shall all be worth it in the end! -kissy face-
Lots of love for those who supported us even before the society was created and a boundless amount of love to the committee members for helping me through this and not laughing at me haha!
- As well as all the little things that’s made my year so ❤ ❤ ❤
I know it’s important to be grateful daily but since I tend to be a forgetful potato, this was my way of giving 2015 a big thumbs up to end the year! :3
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE! May 2016 bring you full of love and laughter, sandwiched between lots of prosperity and good health!