I suspect you probably don’t know much about Wattage, which is understandable as we haven’t shared much yet. We hope to share more soon, and we’ve included a short video below, but until then I can say that we’re a small startup in Toronto that wants to make it easy for anyone to create beautifully designed electronics (much like the Braun RT20 above). You shouldn’t need to understand the basics of electronics, or how to solder, or how to use CAD software. All you need is a browser and your imagination.
What we’re doing is a bit complex and has a number of moving pieces. Visual design, industrial design, 3D, custom electronics, parametrically created enclosures, on-demand fabrication. Sounds interesting, no?
We have a small but amazing team that is tackling most these problems, but we still have a few gaps to fill. And that’s where you come in. We need an amazing visual designer to help us design our platform. And flush out our identity. And weigh in on the industrial design. And pitch in on the million other design related things we have to do.
What We’re Looking For
- An amazing portfolio.
- Experience designing complex interactive systems & user flows.
- Experience launching digital products across desktop and mobile platforms.
- Strong concept development and graphic design ability. This mean colour theory, typography, and composition. The works.
- An immense attention to detail.
- A desire to experiment and a willingness to throw away work and start over.
- Ability to self-manage without much oversight.
- Excellent understanding of HTML & CSS. If you can code, that’s even better.
- An appreciation for motion and how it affects the user experience.
- Experience with identity and package design is also a plus.
- The position is in Toronto, so you’ve gotta be in the 416.
Get In Touch
Does that sound like you? Are you interested in helping create something entirely new? If so, we’d love to chat. Please send us a link to your portfolio here.
Photo source: das programm. License: All Rights Reserved.